C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sic Motorpsorts Fascia Installation Pics or Andy gets a Nose Job

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

Default Sic Motorpsorts Fascia Installation Pics or Andy gets a Nose Job

So, I'm not missing my Corvette enough, my buddy Andy says "Why dont you come over and help me install my new Z06 fascia???"

A beautiful day...no car to drive...oh well, might as well help my friend out...haven't played with a Vette in a few weeks and since Andy's is identical to my old car (they were even built 2 days apart), why not add some jealousy to a beautiful day???

In case you haven't seen it yet, forum vendor, Sic Motorsports has made a Z06 nose fascia that works on the stock C6 front WITHOUT having to change the fenders as well.

All in all a very nice piece, well made, fit nicely and color match/paint quality was excellent...and that's coming from a picky detailer like me. If I had to knock something, it was that the instructions were sparse to non-existent....no pictures, basically 8 lines of instructions with no pictures, tip hints, etc. Though the change was easy enough for someone comfortable with tearing the panels off a car (...something we've done a FEW times... ), I think it would be intimidating for a Saturday mechanic without more detailed step by step instructions.

In all fairness, we had to contact Daniel form Sic Motorsports with a question or two, and he called us back immediately, even though it was a Sunday afternoon...GREAT service. I imagine the instructions will be updated soon, so do not let that stop you if you are interested in the piece. It looks great, it's reasonable, and will make your car stand out. It goes great on Andy's car since he also has the rear widebody conversion.

Well, enough of my banter, here are the pics:

Up in the air, ready for the transplant

Stripped and prepped

Grills installed and ready - still waiting to receive the C6 nose emblem

Installed

Looking sharp, even though it's been a year since the last Craigsterizing...full detail to come this week....Hey, I gotta earn my Seafood Dinner....

Last edited by Craigster05; 09-13-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CMY SIX
if you wanted it to look like a Z06 why did'nt you just buy one?
What is up with all your negative comments??? If you have nothing constructive to say, why say anything???

BTW - It looks great!!! Craig - Thanks for the pics and write up.

Last edited by Keith N; 09-14-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:26 PM
andympd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't at first, just needed the added traction the rear wide body provided. But as time went on and I started to like the nose of the Z06 more and more. It also was a lot cheaper then selling mine ( ton of money on the motor and other mods ) and than buying a Z. The trade in I was getting for mine was for the birds and the difference would have been out of my reach, so I decided for the better ride and take the easy way out
The deciding factor was the bolt on to existing fenders and not having to buy the fenders, tires and rims.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:14 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice color choice.

Is the car lowered at all? I understand these pics were probably taken just as the jack rolled out from underneath the car.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:55 AM
One Bad Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-14-2009, 01:38 AM
fastskyline
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think it looks great. with the painted and molded lower lip its clearly not a Z.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:58 AM
Scooby
Instructor

Great look and thanks for the post. Nice job!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:41 AM
debo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I knew this was coming.....
Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 AM
andympd
Instructor

Originally Posted by LEAVINU
Nice color choice.

Is the car lowered at all? I understand these pics were probably taken just as the jack rolled out from underneath the car.
No, I haven't touched the height as of yet. I want to drive around with it to make sure I can clear the bumps and driveways around my area first.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Looks great!!

Couple of questions please, as I'm thinking of doing this to my Vert.
Did it come painted?
How long did it take you guys to put it on?
Is it flexible enough to take an unintended encounter with a parking lot stop?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

He wanted a removeable roof and wanted to be able to regear the car with 4.10's.

Why do you consistently post negative comments?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:05 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

It looks like the front scoop is functional. Is it?
Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 AM
andympd
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpinMonster
It looks like the front scoop is functional. Is it?
Yes the front scoop is functional. There's a vent that's behind the bumper to allow air flow into the motor bay. Not sure on how efficient it may be.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by andympd
Yes the front scoop is functional. There's a vent that's behind the bumper to allow air flow into the motor bay. Not sure on how efficient it may be.
It's better than you'd think it would be. I scanned my friend's stock c6Z at 152 degree iat in the staging lanes, it was down to slightly above ambient in 7 seconds or so once he got moving.

It's not as good as my vararam which is always aroun ambient and was that day too.

That 152 cost him 12 degrees of timing with his stock tune by the way. About 1/2 of commanded. Which is why the vararam is so effective with an otherwise stock car.

Last edited by Joe_G; 09-14-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
andympd
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Looks great!!

Couple of questions please, as I'm thinking of doing this to my Vert.
Did it come painted?
How long did it take you guys to put it on?
Is it flexible enough to take an unintended encounter with a parking lot stop?
Yes, you can have it painted or have a local body shop do it. I had them paint it and came in a perfect match to my color. I figured if it was a little off I would have had my guy blend it. But as you can see there was no need for it. I had sent in my fuel door for color match with vin #. The turn around from sending in fuel door to receiving bumper was under two weeks.

It took me and my friend about 4 hours from start to finish. We took our time to make sure things worked out. After doing it once the next time should take around 2hrs. It was fairly easy to do, the only thing is that you need someone else to help. The bumper removal requires two people to left it up and remove it from inserts.

So far I haven't had any issues with bumps or going up driveways. The bumper sits above the level of the previous vertical part of the skirt underneath. You'll need to be careful pulling up to curbs or other parking obstructions. I believe it no less of a problem as before. The new bumper just extends the lower portion of the flat part of the skirt.
Hard to describe but I can always post a photo if you like.
The bumper itself is flexible. Prior to install it was twisting and bending without a problem. The bottom tray and foam holds it in place. A hard hit to a parking lot stop would most likely damage the bottom tray. The bumper itself can bend alot.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:13 AM
andympd
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joe_G
It's better than you'd think it would be. I scanned my friend's stock c6Z at 152 degree iat in the staging lanes, it was down to slightly above ambient in 7 seconds or so once he got moving.

It's not as good as my vararam which is always aroun ambient and was that day too.

That 152 cost him 12 degrees of timing with his stock tune by the way. About 1/2 of commanded. Which is why the vararam is so effective with an otherwise stock car.
Thanks for the info, I also have the vararam installed. It should be interesting to see the difference.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for the info, I also have the vararam installed. It should be interesting to see the difference.
Thanks for your info above!

With the vararam you don't need the scoop it won't help.

But it looks cool!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Sic Motorpsorts Fascia Installation Pics or Andy gets a Nose Job

Old 09-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

It took me and my friend about 4 hours from start to finish. We took our time to make sure things worked out. After doing it once the next time should take around 2hrs. It was fairly easy to do, the only thing is that you need someone else to help. The bumper removal requires two people to left it up and remove it from inserts.
4hrs included a trip to Home Depot, a ride back to Craig's house for stuff, talking about SEMA and Las Vegas, Andy's daughter baked us cookies, and figuring things out. As I said the instructions were non-existent, and the bumper, splash shield, screens, etc all need to be connected and assembled before putting it on the car. Without a few pics, it was look, try, measure...OK...that's not it....try this...OK, that's it...now what about this???

I think Andy is right on target, with good instructions about 2 hours. I was very impressed with the paint....not just a great match ( he used Andy's gas door as a guide) but even on the underside and bends there were no drips, runs, etc. They took there time to make it right and all in a matter of a few days.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:37 PM
SlickShoes
_Sloth Whisperer_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Right on, guys. This is on my agenda as well, soon as I get a functioning T-56 back into my car. Daniel's bumper was definitely something that was due to be put into production.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:36 PM
0SicMSP - Daniel
Former Vendor

hey Andy - It looks great, I'm glad the paint was good match for you , My guy jason has done some great matching DSOM and AO products.

the intake opening is bigger than the standard C6, so you should see some cooler temps with more air getting to the radiator.

Quick Reply: Sic Motorpsorts Fascia Installation Pics or Andy gets a Nose Job