C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is this ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:33 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what is this ?

Well I was putting on a nice SpinFast and Spin Ported Throttle Body, and heard something go crunch Upon further investigation, I found the crunch... What is this ? Is this something my nearest automotive shop will have ? or is this a trip to the dealer ?

Seems to run fine as long as its unplugged. Can it run like this temporarily ? Waiting for the engine to cool off then I'll pull it out...

Its mounted to the passenger side head

Old 10-04-2009, 06:43 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

got it out... part number on it is mx136200-3330

seems like alot of ppl break these things... lots of stuff on the net... its an evap solenoid.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Dan Wendling
Burning Brakes

Default Evaporative Emision Canister Purge Solenoid Valve

The solenoid valve regulates the amount of evaporative vapors drawn from the carbon canister connected to the gas tank into the engine intake.

You may get a MIL light with a broken connection. Not sure, but it should run just fine until you get a new part.

Sure you can just get a new one and replace it for about $35. You must remove the fitting that broke off. Assume it is in the tube that at one time attached to the valve.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
tpereira
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan Wendling
The solenoid valve regulates the amount of evaporative vapors drawn from the carbon canister connected to the gas tank into the engine intake.

You may get a MIL light with a broken connection. Not sure, but it should run just fine until you get a new part.

Sure you can just get a new one and replace it for about $35. You must remove the fitting that broke off. Assume it is in the tube that at one time attached to the valve.

Yes it was in the tube... I got it out... I already have a MIL from installing headers and not connecting the rear 02's I was putting the intake on to get ready for a tune. It will take 2 seconds to put back in, just need to find a new one.

Is the only place to find one at the dealer ?

Get notified of new replies

To what is this ?

Quick Reply: what is this ?