C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 SLP Blackwing

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 06:56 PM
G4-AV8R
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '06 SLP Blackwing

I have a question on the SLP Blackwing. We bought the '06 with it already on. I noticed the filter on top, but what is the hole next to it for? I have not pulled it apart yet, but it seems that unfiltered air is going in through that hole. Is there supposed to be a cap or a hose on there? I have seen C5's with a hose on top, but this is just a hole and I'm afraid that I will get debris in there. I still have the stock intake with the car.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
BLACK 08
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure the hole you're talking about is where the cleaning indicator is supposed to go. It's supposed to tell you when the filter needs cleaned. I would plug it up or get a new intake. SLP may sell you the piece if you want to keep the Blackwing.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Vettein
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is this is for the clean indicator (same as chevy diesel) and yours is missing it.

Do you have a photo of this hole? it's a cheap part if it's hat I think and should be done right away or you might as well not even have a filter.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK 08
I'm pretty sure the hole you're talking about is where the cleaning indicator is supposed to go. It's supposed to tell you when the filter needs cleaned. I would plug it up or get a new intake. SLP may sell you the piece if you want to keep the Blackwing.
and I own one.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:10 PM
G4-AV8R
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by dschur
My guess is this is for the clean indicator (same as chevy diesel) and yours is missing it.

Do you have a photo of this hole? it's a cheap part if it's hat I think and should be done right away or you might as well not even have a filter.
There are actually two holes, they are side by side. One is for the filter indicator, which is in there now, I'm just not sure what the second hole is for. I have looked it up online, but I have not been able to find any installation instructions with it. The pictures online show the indicator in one hole and the other hole is just blank. It does show some accessories with what looks like a cap for the second hole, but like I said, I bought it with it already installed.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:00 PM
G4-AV8R
Heel & Toe

Got it fixed. I called SLP and they sent me a cap for the blank hole that is next to the filter indicator hole.

Get notified of new replies

To '06 SLP Blackwing

Quick Reply: '06 SLP Blackwing