C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 air intake for stock LS3

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 08:26 PM
rmedina
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Z06 air intake for stock LS3

As we all know the stock ls3 has an air silencer/baffle attached to the air intake. If I were to swap it out for a z06 intake would it have a greater "growl" on WOT?

Rmedina
Old 11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
CMY SIX
Safety Car

Received 104 Likes on 92 Posts

no, I don't think so. I am using a K&N cai, and I don't care what any one says all this CAI BS is exactly that BS none of them can give a dyno sheet that PROVES any gain! K&N says their's give's X# and then you read the fine print, LS1 4200 rpm and if you know any thing. it's that the LS1's air bridge and filters were the weak link, GM has been do this for a long time and they know how to make hp!!!! I went to a K&N simply for a better cleanable filter, spend your penny's wisely! I have learned much on this forum by watching other people shovel money at a problem, this will get the intake guys too.. 90MM WILL support 1200HP amazing what 4MM will do!
Old 11-17-2009, 01:11 PM
rmedina
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at the pics from lg motorsport. They look the same except for the air silencer. I just want to make sure before I pick one up. I called lg this morning and they told me no, but for some reason I have the feeling the guy who answered the phone did not know.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
theofel
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'13

Just cut that tumor off! No need to to change to the ZO6 air intake.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 air intake for stock LS3

Quick Reply: Z06 air intake for stock LS3