C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:25 PM
bassspring
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Exhaust

Dose anyone know how high I would have to have the back end of the car to remove the stock exhaust without cutting it, all I have is jack stands and a floor jack, its on an 07 coupe.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Schoolteacher
Racer

I have had my exhaust off twice and I did it with 3 1/2 ton floor jacks and jack stands. I think you need to get the rear about 18 inches to 2 feet up at least.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM
MADinAK
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10,'14

I did it with both the front and rears 6 inches off the ground on 2X12's. I then used jacks on the two rear jacking spots to raise the body probably another 4 inches but stopped well before the rear tires come off the ground. It took a little work the first time but not bad. The second time I did it was even easier. Not much force is required. You just have to figure out the right angle to come down over and twist and it comes right out. Having it higher would have been easier but not absolutely necessary.

Get notified of new replies

To Stock Exhaust

Quick Reply: Stock Exhaust