C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recomend 2005 performance upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by One Bad Vette
Answers:

5. Yes, if for nothing else the sound your looking for but the numbers will be better too.

6. With any cam upgrade you are going to need to upgrade the valve train. Ie: Valvesprings, retainers, pushrods, and timing chain. The heads themselves can be left stock (unported/milled)
I think the "sound" he's looking for will come from the blower. A big blower cam can take the streetability right out of it.
Old 02-21-2010, 04:28 PM
One Bad Vette
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saplumr
I think the "sound" he's looking for will come from the blower. A big blower cam can take the streetability right out of it.
Streetability is subjective in the eyes of the beholder...some people have trouble dealing with freakin "drone" from an aftermarket catback. Ive always had big cammed cars usually with a healthy dose of nitrous and have always been just fine with them on the street. While a blower is cool and no getting around the power it makes, other than the whine that has been getting quieter over the years with new blower technology, whats it sound like??? A stock car with a blower. While impressive to some, it doesnt do it for me UNLESS coupled with a nasty blower cam idle.

Also to quote the OP, "but I like the drag race sound so I don't have to explain how quick the car is, it'll speak for it self." I just dont think thats going to happen with ONLY a blower. Just my opinion and we know what those are like.

Quick Reply: Recomend 2005 performance upgrades?