C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any probs waiting to tune w/ my mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:09 PM
tazlittleking
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Any probs waiting to tune w/ my mods

Just had Kooks Headers, Kooks X-pipe, and Corsa Sport installed this week. Installed 160 stat, ported TB, Venom CAI this weekend. Was supposed to have the FAST intake installed but it is cracked and needs to send back. Tune was scheduled for Tues, 2 hours away in Tempe. Want to wait now to get FAST intake back and installed before tune.

This is is a daily driver. Does anyone see any problems of driving with these mods for a little while until I can get the FAST intake installed to tune?
Old 03-21-2010, 06:05 PM
superdutymike27
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tazlittleking
Just had Kooks Headers, Kooks X-pipe, and Corsa Sport installed this week. Installed 160 stat, ported TB, Venom CAI this weekend. Was supposed to have the FAST intake installed but it is cracked and needs to send back. Tune was scheduled for Tues, 2 hours away in Tempe. Want to wait now to get FAST intake back and installed before tune.

This is is a daily driver. Does anyone see any problems of driving with these mods for a little while until I can get the FAST intake installed to tune?

I think you should be fine as long as you drive it in a respectful manner and stay off the gas pedal. Just drive as you would if you where 90 years old. If anything, you may see a code come up regarding temp.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I installed Kooks long tubes, High flow CATS, Corsa Sport axle back with BPP's CAI and drove for approximately 900 miles before I had my 06 LS2 tuned. Never pulled any codes or experienced any problems. The ECM will learn and adjust many parameters without a tune. Just be reasonable with your driving and you will not have any problems. Your ported TB contributes to throttle response and should not make a big difference (lean or rich). I also have the ported 92MM FAST and VMAX Ported TB. I tuned my Vette at the track using HP Tuners after adding the FAST and Ported TB. Adding the FAST drove my tune a bit lean and had to pull timing to avoid KR. You should be fine.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tazlittleking

Your fuel trims will be way off (possibly setting a code) and the headers may set a code for the rear o2 sensors. Technically your ETC (electronic throttle control) scalar value will be out the window from the ported TB and the car won't care about the 160 stat. If the car runs fine and you "stay out of it" until you get the tune complete you should be ok IMHO.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
tazlittleking
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys!

Get notified of new replies

To Any probs waiting to tune w/ my mods

Quick Reply: Any probs waiting to tune w/ my mods