C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport mode stopped working any ideas

Old 05-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Justin1014
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport mode stopped working any ideas

Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to read this and help. I have an 06, Saturday I took the car out and was using Sport Mode/paddle shifter. The car was running great. Switched back into Drive and kept driving. On a 2nd attempt later that night I tried to switch back to Sport Mode and gear display did not show up in HUD. Went back to drive and the car was fine. About an hour later I stopped at a light, check engine light came on and when I started to drive seemed like it was stuck in a higher gear. Got it home, disconnected the battery, now check engine light is off and the car is running great in drive mode. Sport mode does not work, has anyone had any issues like this before or know what the cause may be?
Thank you everyone for your time and help.

Justin
Old 05-18-2013, 02:18 AM
yousef corvette
2nd Gear

same thing happen to my (2009 c6) and now i can not use the sport mode i try to disconnect the battery but nothing happen.

so please help.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by yousef corvette
same thing happen to my (2009 c6) and now i can not use the sport mode i try to disconnect the battery but nothing happen.

so please help.
You need to start by having the codes read. OBD2 scanner may not be enough to diagnose problem so it would probably be best if you had a fully capable scanner that can read all of the codes. Disconnecting the battery may have erased some of the codes.

The FSM doesn't have a lot of info on what happens in Sport Mode but there are a number of components involved so that is why a Tech 2 type scan tool is probably necessary to diagnose the problem.

One question: Is the transmission capable of operating in all 6 gears when in automatic mode or is it limited to just a couple of gears?

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 05-18-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:10 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

A common failure is the Internal Mode Switch. Codes seen for that are P0700 and P1825.

The P0700 doesn't mean anything by itself, it just accompanies whatever is really wrong.

Get your car scanned to know for sure.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:49 AM
yousef corvette
2nd Gear

i found the problem from (fuse#1).

fuse#1 used for(transmission control)

Get notified of new replies

To Sport mode stopped working any ideas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport mode stopped working any ideas