C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Mail order tune for C6 Z06?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:07 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh, I understand now.

That is certainly the best way to do an email tune. Base tune > scan > retune > scan

Good luck getting the refined tune in there soon.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Fred H.
The original tune is loaded, then you use your laptop and make logging files of various engine parameters while driving, and then email the log files back to the tuner. The Tuner then makes any needed modifications to the tune after reading the log files and is supposed to send the updated tune back to you. I was told after sending in my last log file that some changes were needed to my tune. I'm still waiting for those changes.
If the tuner was looking at your file then why didn't he make the changes right then. Seems to be counterproductive to tell a customer his tune looks bad and not send out a good file.

Maybe the email got misdirected.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:25 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 138 Posts

I wouldn't necessarily say the tune was "bad", but just that it wasn't finished. According to the tuner, the log file showed it needed some more timing removed at WOT and some fuel added in some cells.

If I knew what the changes were that were needed to be made, I would just do them myself. The problem is I can't get the tuner to return emails, or answer phone calls, so I'm left hanging. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've called every day for almost 2 weeks, and been sending emails with no response. I'm to point where I'm just going to give up on it, and chalk it up as a lesson learned.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:49 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm to point where I'm just going to give up on it, and chalk it up as a lesson learned.
That's probably the best thing you can do at this point.
There are other skilled/talented tuners out there that will be more than willing to help you out and get the job done correctly in just one visit (or in a couple of timely emails if going the mail order route) as well.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:52 PM
CSixDude
Drifting

Received 214 Likes on 138 Posts

I'm sure he's a good tuner, and suspect he is just really busy this time of year, but it's more than a bit frustrating on this end when you can't get a response.

Maybe I should try to learn how to read and interpret these log files on my own and figure out what needs to be changed myself. The good side of having the EFI Live software and the Scan tool, is that at least I can make my own changes and reload it myself if I need to.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:14 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm sure he's a good tuner, and suspect he is just really busy this time of year, but it's more than a bit frustrating on this end when you can't get a response.

Maybe I should try to learn how to read and interpret these log files on my own and figure out what needs to be changed myself. The good side of having the EFI Live software and the Scan tool, is that at least I can make my own changes and reload it myself if I need to.
my tuner!!! Julio owner of Cartek, tells me either bring it in or send him an email of the tune, he sends it back in a day, also he goes to the track and calls me up and asks me if i would like to stop down, and he will log the car and make any adjustments, he notifies me of any important updates, and even the dealer put my tune back to stock when they switched computers, he changed it right back, and that's why i keep going their
Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 PM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
my tuner!!! Julio owner of Cartek, tells me either bring it in or send him an email of the tune, he sends it back in a day, also he goes to the track and calls me up and asks me if i would like to stop down, and he will log the car and make any adjustments, he notifies me of any important updates, and even the dealer put my tune back to stock when they switched computers, he changed it right back, and that's why i keep going their
I don't know who your tuner is but Ed at VA Speed sends it back before the day is out.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

Your PM is full. Would you PM me the tuners name please?
Thanks,
Buddy A
Old 06-02-2010, 08:40 AM
edcmat-l1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email your tune and datalog to me, and I'll help you out.

edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1

edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Blue02Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 09 Z mail order tuned by Doug at ECS earlier this year after i installed my headers and intake. I had always had access to dyno's/tuning in the cincinnati area on my previous vettes so i was VERY apprehensive to try a mail order tune. I called ECS 3 times with multiple questions before ordering and I have to say everyone i talked to at ECS was extremely helpful and courteous with my questions. The guys really know their stuff and Doug definitely put my mind at ease. I knew exactly when he received my ECM and got a call from him after he was done to let me know he was sending it back to me.

After the tune i cant keep my foot off the gas and its impossible to get this grin off my face. The car has definitely "woken up" and the the power comes on quick in all RPM ranges. I have a good friend of mine who drives my car regularly and he thought the headers and intake made a nice difference....I didnt tell him i had the tune done and the next time he drove it he quickly asked me "What the hell did you do to this thing now?!?!" That was all the proof i needed.

Sorry for the long winded post but I just wanted to add my opinion on Doug's business and customer service. Once again Doug I cant thank you and your team enough for taking care of me, you guys are a true asset to the community and i wish you nothing but the best.

Dave
Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue02Z06
I had my 09 Z mail order tuned by Doug at ECS earlier this year after i installed my headers and intake. I had always had access to dyno's/tuning in the cincinnati area on my previous vettes so i was VERY apprehensive to try a mail order tune. I called ECS 3 times with multiple questions before ordering and I have to say everyone i talked to at ECS was extremely helpful and courteous with my questions. The guys really know their stuff and Doug definitely put my mind at ease. I knew exactly when he received my ECM and got a call from him after he was done to let me know he was sending it back to me.

After the tune i cant keep my foot off the gas and its impossible to get this grin off my face. The car has definitely "woken up" and the the power comes on quick in all RPM ranges. I have a good friend of mine who drives my car regularly and he thought the headers and intake made a nice difference....I didnt tell him i had the tune done and the next time he drove it he quickly asked me "What the hell did you do to this thing now?!?!" That was all the proof i needed.

Sorry for the long winded post but I just wanted to add my opinion on Doug's business and customer service. Once again Doug I cant thank you and your team enough for taking care of me, you guys are a true asset to the community and i wish you nothing but the best.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Glad your happy with our work.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1

edcmat-l1@msn.com
Old 02-17-2015, 02:29 PM
aposton
2nd Gear

Default Tunes for 2008 ZO6

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
As the tuner for ECS, I can tell that I perform countless mail order tunes for the C6Z, compliled from a ton of dyno time-track data-road course data-and general street use.

Some other mail order tuners on these boards dont even have a dyno for that type of testing, or have even a quarter of the track data logging that I do, 1/4 mile or road course, and whether you have any intensions of ever going to the track or not, the best data is compliled from it's hardest use. Ensuring that you will not be given too aggressive of a tune, yet the most effective possible.

We offer our C6 tunes via a hand held for the A6 cars, but for your ZO6 you are best off mailing us the PCM for our $149 tune special, which I can turn around the same day received. Do not be led in by over priced tunes or a good salesmen, our tunes are proven, and reasonably priced.

We will also be happy to answer all question online, we do not have to have a private conversation, but feel free to call the shop if you wish. 609-752-0321 Research is key here.

I have a diablosport predator that I bought in 2008 to tune my 2007 coupe w/ auto trans. Can you program this to tune my ZO6?

Last edited by aposton; 02-17-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Blk 08 C6
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
Thanks Dave!

Glad your happy with our work.
you have a pm Doug.thanks
Old 02-25-2015, 02:45 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Chuck CoW AutoCal......

Chuck CoW AutoCal...... package is still the most reliable mail order solution you can buy.

With optional wideband input you can't get any better than that.

Call for details 914-332-0049

Chuck CoW
Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 AM
bontrager
Pro

Excuse my ignorance but is it the PCM that get tuned. Were is it located and how do I get it out of the car to send for a mail order tune?

Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To Best Mail order tune for C6 Z06?

Old 02-27-2015, 06:36 PM
truckplay
Melting Slicks

Ecs, good folks, I never had an issue.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:02 AM
happiedazs
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bontrager
Excuse my ignorance but is it the PCM that get tuned. Were is it located and how do I get it out of the car to send for a mail order tune?

Thank you
I have the same question --- what and where is it and how do I get it out? Any pictures or youtube videos?
Old 02-28-2015, 08:46 AM
tennblkc6
Melting Slicks

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by happiedazs
I have the same question --- what and where is it and how do I get it out? Any pictures or youtube videos?
not sure of other years but it is located in the passenger side fender weld on my 05. take a look and see if you have a cover in that area. once you access it it takes about 3-4 bolts and ~3 harnesses to unsnap to remove it.
good luck!

Quick Reply: Best Mail order tune for C6 Z06?