C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 stock brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
JohnGaz
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 stock brake upgrade

I know that several posts have discussed on this topic however, I didn't see too much detail on specifics such as available stock size rotors either slotted verses drilled and what brands, and pads either ceramic verses not. I was planning to stay with the stock calipers just upgrading the rotors and pads due to my venture into auto crossing. I found that the stock rotors were beginning to worp due to heat so I thought I could find a better system without spending big money.
Any thoughts..........
Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
///DarkSide\\\
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...e-learned.html

Old 08-26-2010, 04:13 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnGaz
I know that several posts have discussed on this topic however, I didn't see too much detail on specifics such as available stock size rotors either slotted verses drilled and what brands, and pads either ceramic verses not. I was planning to stay with the stock calipers just upgrading the rotors and pads due to my venture into auto crossing. I found that the stock rotors were beginning to worp due to heat so I thought I could find a better system without spending big money.
Any thoughts..........
Lots of mythology about warpped brake rotors. Here is a great read on the subject.

The "Warped" Brake Disc and Other Myths of the Braking System
Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Before going to AP Racing brakes I used the stock (solid rotor) C6 brakes with stainless steel brake lines, Motul 600 fluid and Performance Friction C5 Z-compound pads. They worked fairly well at the track. You can also go with stainless steel caliper pistons. I knew one guy who used the Eradispeed rotors on his C6 which he liked. Doug Rippie Motorsports was a good source for brake upgrades...you might give Randy a call and talk with him.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 492 Likes on 419 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by JohnGaz
Any thoughts..........
What are your intensions, just auto x or track time too? Also are you looking for a pad that is quiet or do want true performance?

Get notified of new replies

To C6 stock brake upgrade

Quick Reply: C6 stock brake upgrade