C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memory Seat Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:23 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

Default Memory Seat Issues

A while back I made a post saying that my memory seats had developed a mind of their own, but that issue seemed to go away (they would move on their own about 5 minutes into a drive). At least, that's what I thought.

It turns out that the seats just won't move if I'm sitting in them (all weight jokes aside), they will move fine if I hit the memory button from outside of the car. What strikes me as odd though, is that the mirrors won't move to their appropriate positions either.

I looked under the seat and none of the wires look overly crushed or damaged..but I will be removing the seat to really look, should I just get a new (or new-to-me) memory seat module?

2005 1sb

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:01 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by SEVINN
A while back I made a post saying that my memory seats had developed a mind of their own, but that issue seemed to go away (they would move on their own about 5 minutes into a drive). At least, that's what I thought.

It turns out that the seats just won't move if I'm sitting in them (all weight jokes aside), they will move fine if I hit the memory button from outside of the car. What strikes me as odd though, is that the mirrors won't move to their appropriate positions either.

I looked under the seat and none of the wires look overly crushed or damaged..but I will be removing the seat to really look, should I just get a new (or new-to-me) memory seat module?

2005 1sb

Thanks!
I would try repluging the connectors under the seat first.

Quick Reply: Memory Seat Issues