C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUD speedometer showing '0' or random numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:18 PM
DavidATL1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HUD speedometer showing '0' or random numbers

The speedometer on the HUD of my 2005 C6 is suddenly showing 0 or random small numbers. Sometimes if I accerate quickly it will go from 0 to 10 or so and then back to 0. Occasionally it registers the proper speed. The analog speedometer on the dash works. The tach and all other displays work on the HUD.

I doubt it's related but my original radio recently died. I had to pull the fuse because it was endlessly trying to initialize the CD and killing my battery. Waiting for delivery of a new Kenwood unit, so the fuse is pulled for now. Could this be somehow impacting the information on the bus? The timing of the radio failure and the HUD issue are pretty close. The radio fuse says it is for radio and 'VICS' - no idea what VICS is.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:00 PM
chiefwilke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a suggestion, put the fuse back in for a bit and see if it does the same. At least then you would be able to take that out of the equation.

Quick Reply: HUD speedometer showing '0' or random numbers