C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GS LS3 oil drain plug torque spec?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 08:26 PM
llllorac
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 GS LS3 oil drain plug torque spec?

Anyone know the recommended torque specifaction for the 15mm oil drain plug?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:35 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

Take a look at forum member David Farmer's great website for a link to documents with all the torque specs:

http://davidfarmerstuff.com

Bob
Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Robls6
Melting Slicks

I tighten to three "Eeeeeeeh's"
Old 08-17-2010, 09:36 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BEZ06
Take a look at forum member David Farmer's great website for a link to documents with all the torque specs:

http://davidfarmerstuff.com

Bob
I'm sure you are correct by telling him to check the "Book" for the correct torque specs.. I think there is a torque spec for almost every nut & bolt on the car, but (I know I'm wrong) since I've been changing my oil, I just use the "snug it up" method on all my cars..

And yes I have built very Hi Po motors for a Comp eliminator car that turned over 11,000 rpm, & you can bet your life every nut and bolt was torqued EXACTLY to spec... even ones that you don't think matter (valve covers)

But for a quick oil change I have never torqued it, same goes for the tires on my Cobalt... however on the Vette which sees a lot of time on the 1/4 mile I DO torque the wheels when i swap to DR from street tires...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 PM
llllorac
Advanced

Oil Pan Drain Plug 25 N·m 18 lb ft .... thanks I found it on David Farmer's site and it confirmed the spec I had gotten elsewhere.... why I asked again was that having changed the oil today, I questioned whether 18 ft lbs or 216 inch lbs as I did it was enough....glad I used a torque wrench, I'm quite sure I would have been going for more and steel bolts threaded into aluminum threads are notorious for problems from over tightening....thanks again...this site is a wonderful source of informion...all fired up...I'll be at Road America this weekend...this Vette's 1st Corvette Corral outing...will be cheering for #3 and #4....
Old 08-17-2010, 11:32 PM
MarkRx
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

18 sounds about right, i was thinking 14 for some reason. careful not to over tighten no matter what, costly mistake. make sure the rubber gasket is clean and the surface on the pan.

Get notified of new replies

To 2010 GS LS3 oil drain plug torque spec?

Quick Reply: 2010 GS LS3 oil drain plug torque spec?