C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First trip to the strip with my 05!

Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 PM
GTkiller97
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First trip to the strip with my 05!

Hey guys i recently joined the site and just took my car to the local strip after a week of ownership Not to excited about the times but it was about 85 degrees and DA was at 1700 so not great weather for racing but i had to do it! My best time of the night was a 12.72 at 111MPH with a 2.07 60ft. Car is Stock other and Corsa CB. I do have some questions with the vettes and drag racing, it felt like powershifting is a no-no on stock clutches b/c when i did it i just went slower and it just felt like clutch was slipping when shifting. Anyone else have this happen, it seems like the harder i drove it the slower it went. The first pass was no powershifting and went 12.7x's and last 3 passes were all powershifting and similar 60ft's to the first and it went 13.0x's at 109. I'm just wondering if clutch is slipping b/w shifts when powershifting? Sorry for the rant but just didn't understand how it was running slower times when i was driving the wheels off the car!
Old 09-19-2010, 01:36 PM
c6 batmobile
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not a bad time for a stock 05. Put some better tires on it and the time will drop even more.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:53 PM
dicky
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

that is a pretty good time for your car with that DA, im not sure about the power shifting and clutch shifting though (im an auto guy). i do know you want to be careful with that power shifting on the 05 vette because they have a pretty weak rearend and can break under a good load. maybe you will get away with that rear, some have been going strong with it and some break in nearly stock trim.

nice times and good luck
dicky
Old 09-19-2010, 02:18 PM
GTkiller97
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dicky
that is a pretty good time for your car with that DA, im not sure about the power shifting and clutch shifting though (im an auto guy). i do know you want to be careful with that power shifting on the 05 vette because they have a pretty weak rearend and can break under a good load. maybe you will get away with that rear, some have been going strong with it and some break in nearly stock trim.

nice times and good luck
dicky
Thanks man, and yea i've been reading up on the rear quite a bit...one of my next few mods is gonna be a rear end irs brace. I had a passenger on the way home from the track and did a few quick pulls powershifting and not powershifting and i think the proof was shown there, he said it felt a lot quicker when just shifting quick and not powershifting. I will post up the new times when i run it again in a few weeks.

Get notified of new replies

To First trip to the strip with my 05!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First trip to the strip with my 05!