C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 90mm installation on C6 LS2

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 02:05 PM
JDBlack7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FAST 90mm installation on C6 LS2

I was hoping someone could help me out w/ a few questions in regards to installing a FAST 90mm intake on my 2005 C6 LS2. I've searched on the forum with no luck. I purchased the intake off a guy on LS1 Tech. I got the fuel rail kit, new O-rings and the bolts that go underneath the intake, so I'm good on those items.

First, it seems that the MAP sensor hole is in the rear of the FAST intake. On my stock intake it is located in the front of the intake. Does FAST offer a adapter that will fit where the EGR port plug is located behind the throttle body? A friend said I could run longer wires to the back of the intake and just locate the MAP sensor there. I'd prefer to locate it at the front of the intake if possible.

Secondly, do have to modify the cowl so this intake will fit properly? If so, does FAST offer a patch to cover this hole?

Thanks in advance for your help and recommendations.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:31 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JDBlack7
First, it seems that the MAP sensor hole is in the rear of the FAST intake. On my stock intake it is located in the front of the intake. Does FAST offer a adapter that will fit where the EGR port plug is located behind the throttle body? A friend said I could run longer wires to the back of the intake and just locate the MAP sensor there. I'd prefer to locate it at the front of the intake if possible.
Yes, I believe FAST makes a kit for that and yes you can also extend the wires if you choose too.

Originally Posted by JDBlack7
Secondly, do have to modify the cowl so this intake will fit properly? If so, does FAST offer a patch to cover this hole?
Yes you have to modify the cowl and I do believe that FAST makes a patch/cover to close it up a bit as well.
Lingenfelter also makes one.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Mike V.
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Very Well Documented mod.

There should be a ton of info on this. Send me a PM & w/ a phone & a good time & I'll be glad to help. I have a ton of info & pics saved I can send. Search CF member SpinMonster & Spinfast mod. Fast definately made the adaptors to relocate the MAP sensor, fuel rail adaptors, & very cheezy patch after cutting the firewall. It's much easier to mod the intake though, & way cheaper too.

Get notified of new replies

To FAST 90mm installation on C6 LS2

Quick Reply: FAST 90mm installation on C6 LS2