C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its alive

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Received 376 Likes on 190 Posts

Default Its alive

So back in october I decided I would get the car up on jacks and start tackling some issues i was having, while i was at it i made a few changes upgrades:

I started with red LEDs all over the exterior to go with the sinister theme:

Then I tore into the interior and replaced all my blue leds with red ones:

I also made a new gauge pod and phone holder (no pic but its mounted right above the ac vents

painted my wheels and exhaust, csutom led taillights:

5pt harness, vette works bar, custom camera mount, added foam to the side bolsters

DIY tow hook

and made some purchases:

Last edited by SinisterC6; 02-25-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

LG GT2 Coilovers, G1 Sway bars, adjustable end links
(Thanks Adam RSI for the great deal and out standing customer service)

XYZ Big brake kit: 14" 2 piece rotors, ferro ceramic pads, 6/4 piston calipers front/ rear, custom paint, SS lines, wilwood 600 brake fluid, z06 cooling ducts with custom extensions (thanks superman09 and Tstar for the great deal and thorough customer service, i love these brakes

earl 25 row oil cooler, -10an lines, katech oil cooler adapter custom air scoop

Dewitts radiator (already have a 160* stat), amsoil coolant boost, coolant flush

relocated battery to trunk

easy access charger

RX performance catch can

Old 02-25-2011, 12:56 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

ECS dual nozzle + vp fuels M1 meth

Blinder laser jammer:

got the car back down and adjusted ride height, went .5'' lower in the front and 1'' lower in the rear with .5'' preload added all around. To clear the brakes i used .5'' spacers and longer studs

and now after all that hard work:

Thanks to all these guys to making my car possible:

Last edited by SinisterC6; 02-25-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:59 PM
Ragtop 99
Safety Car

Received 1,182 Likes on 682 Posts

wow, you've been busy!! Nice touch on the brakes.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Lookin' good!!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Goatdad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Wheels look great. What paint did you use and how did you go about getting the lip outline just right?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-25-2011, 03:32 PM
07MontRedcp
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

How did you decide on the preload for the LG GT2s? I put mine on without any preload, but I still have the car on jack stands.

Are you going to do feed throughs for the seat belts?

Also, will you have problems in your state with red lights showing on the front of the car?

Looking good so far. I got to get back out in the garage as I still have lots to do. Thanks for the inspiration/kick in the pants.

BJK
Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You may want to re-think the way your running your anti-sub belt for your harnesses. Coming around the front of the seat pulls the lap belt away from you and not down like its supposed to. Not very effective that way, not to mention if you actually use it, its going to wear your leather pretty quick. A 6 point using the vetteworks lap belt anchors works best with stock seats as you can run the anti sub belt through the back of the seat and up under you. It actually works that way. That setup will not pass tech inspection for most racing events, passthroughs are usually required for at a bare minimum the shoulder straps.

Just somthing to think about.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:21 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Goatdad
Wheels look great. What paint did you use and how did you go about getting the lip outline just right?
Thanks in advance
the paint is duplicolor wheel paint, the striping is .5'' pin stripe tape that i heated so it could contour the wheel. its going to get destroyed when i change tires but its an easier fix then needing to repaint

Originally Posted by 07MontRedcp
How did you decide on the preload for the LG GT2s? I put mine on without any preload, but I still have the car on jack stands.

Are you going to do feed throughs for the seat belts?

Also, will you have problems in your state with red lights showing on the front of the car?

Looking good so far. I got to get back out in the garage as I still have lots to do. Thanks for the inspiration/kick in the pants.

BJK
i was just guessing, and honestly i got lucky, the preload is just enough to make the car feel stiffer than my z51 setup yet you go over bumps and its all taken up by the suspension. im using r compound tires so that may help with the overal ride quality im using level 12 all around and it feels great, no matter how hard i turn, stop or accelerate the car stays level yet you go over bumps and it smoothly goes over. if you want to save time i lowered my rear an extra .5' from what they came from LG and left the fronts alone

eventually i want to change the steering wheel and seats, but i think im done spending for now

good luck in the garage, pm me if you need any help

the lights are for sure illegal, but considering i have illegal tints, blackouts, exhaust, no cats, a laser jammer, radar detector, relay cutting out my tail/ brake lights (to be invisible from the rear at night) and soon to be a device to block my license plate its not too big of a deal

Last edited by SinisterC6; 02-25-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:37 PM
SimpleC6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy **** that is one sick *** Vette.

1. Why Blinder and not Laser Interceptor? What Radar detector are you running? You need to get some rear protection as well.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SimpleC6
Holy **** that is one sick *** Vette.

1. Why Blinder and not Laser Interceptor? What Radar detector are you running? You need to get some rear protection as well.
i read a bunch of reviews on the blinder, overall it looks great i even spoke with the founder before purchasing, the only thing i dont like is that the wires are attached to each head, ill need to rig up connectors to make bumper removal easier

my radar detector is a valentine V1

i went with the blinder m47, if you look closely at the rear shot of my car youll see them above the license plate
Old 02-25-2011, 09:29 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Great job.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Goatdad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

"the lights are for sure illegal, but considering i have illegal tints, blackouts, exhaust, no cats, a laser jammer, radar detector, relay cutting out my tail/ brake lights (to be invisible from the rear at night) and soon to be a device to block my license plate its not too big of a deal"

Are you BATMAN?
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great job on all of the mods! You probably haven't had a chance to take it for a drive yet, but let us know about the XYZ brakes. I really like my LG GT2 coilovers and T1 bars!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:57 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Keith N
Great job on all of the mods! You probably haven't had a chance to take it for a drive yet, but let us know about the XYZ brakes. I really like my LG GT2 coilovers and T1 bars!
well i took it out yesterday morning for 5 minutes with 1'' of snow on the ground, then again in the afternoon once it all cleared up:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...bk-review.html
Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job mike. We need to get together when this weather breaks.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:35 AM
SimpleC6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinisterC6
i read a bunch of reviews on the blinder, overall it looks great i even spoke with the founder before purchasing, the only thing i dont like is that the wires are attached to each head, ill need to rig up connectors to make bumper removal easier

my radar detector is a valentine V1

i went with the blinder m47, if you look closely at the rear shot of my car youll see them above the license plate
Very nice, the M47 will treat you fine but watch for extreme off-axis shots and be sure to get them field tested before relying on them to JTK or JTG. Also, props on the rear light kill switch, very handy.

Also, what jack stands are those with the flat tops? They don't look like the ESCO's to me, but they might be?

Get notified of new replies

To Its alive

Old 03-03-2011, 09:12 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

Very cool.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:29 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

Very nice, the M47 will treat you fine but watch for extreme off-axis shots and be sure to get them field tested before relying on them to JTK or JTG. Also, props on the rear light kill switch, very handy.

Also, what jack stands are those with the flat tops? They don't look like the ESCO's to me, but they might be?
theyre just craftsman 1.5ton jacks, i put a hockey puck between them and the car
Old 03-03-2011, 09:30 AM
SinisterC6
Le Mans Master

also how does one get theyre blinder field tested?

Quick Reply: Its alive