C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ideal Way to Install Front Tow Hook on C6

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:25 PM
robnson
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideal Way to Install Front Tow Hook on C6

I have a 2007 Base Coupe. I would like to participate at a track event at Willow Springs. One of the requirements is to have a front tow hook installed for relatively obvious reasons. I was wondering what would be the ideal solution to this? My track participation would be maybe 3 or so times a year. Hence, I would like the tow hook to be removable with some ease or at least hidden when not needed which would be 99.9% of the time. I see a flexible strap solution found here: http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...roducts_id=118 that appears to be ideal if it truly could be folded back. Wondering if anyone has installed this and what the level of effort for installation is? I see the hard hook answer described here: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-tow-hook.html but really don't want any of the hook to be seen 99.9% of the time. Any responses are much appreciated.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I would strongly recomend the removable front hook from Phoenix performance. They are a Forum bendor and make an Excellent process. Between the events you simply unscrew the hook and the mount is totally hidden. Unfortunately I don't have a better picture of it...but, if you do a search you will find some great shots.

Charley

Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I'm looking for a front tow hook that doesn't require removing the front bumper to install. Anybody got one?
Old 04-19-2011, 09:22 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Gearhead Jim
I'm looking for a front tow hook that doesn't require removing the front bumper to install. Anybody got one?
Don't think so, haven't seen one on this forum in the last 3 years that doesn't require the nose off install.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:08 AM
CaliMountainSnake423
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have seen this on the net unfortunately no write up on it

Last edited by CaliMountainSnake423; 02-28-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Ideal Way to Install Front Tow Hook on C6

Quick Reply: Ideal Way to Install Front Tow Hook on C6