C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 Tow Hook

Old 05-22-2011, 01:21 AM
dsharkman
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C6 Z06 Tow Hook

I am looking to have a PFADT Tow hook installed on the front of my Vette. Just in case I need to be towed off the track if I have a problem.....

Apparantly, the 2007 Z06 doesn't have any "easy" tow spot, so I was told that if I continue to race the car, I should have a tow hook installed.

Anybody have feedback about the PFADT Tow hook? I want something that is clean looking.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:38 AM
1 C6 2NV
Myth Buster
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its very clean but requires the front bumper to be removed for install. I havent got around to it yet but I have to install two of them in the near future
Old 07-04-2011, 02:16 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

The rear hook is easy. It took me longer to open the box than to install.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dsharkman
I am looking to have a PFADT Tow hook installed on the front of my Vette. Just in case I need to be towed off the track if I have a problem.....

Apparantly, the 2007 Z06 doesn't have any "easy" tow spot, so I was told that if I continue to race the car, I should have a tow hook installed.

Anybody have feedback about the PFADT Tow hook? I want something that is clean looking.

Thanks.
Pfadt front tow hook ...

Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great looking car Z06Ronald.

Our front tow hook does require the removal of the front bumper for trimming. Once the bumper is off the car and properly trimmed the installation is really very straight forward. Here is a Link to our install document so you can see whats involved. Pfadt Racing Front Tow Hook install
Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Great looking car Z06Ronald.

Our front tow hook does require the removal of the front bumper for trimming. Once the bumper is off the car and properly trimmed the installation is really very straight forward. Here is a Link to our install document so you can see whats involved. Pfadt Racing Front Tow Hook install
Thanks! I have your rear tow hook (and sway bars) as well:

Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
94boosted
Racer

For those of you who have installed the PFADT Front Tow Hook:

Items 9 & 10 of the Installation Instructions state that you shouldnt actually bolt the tow hook in place until the front bumper is back on (leaving the lower panels off, what panels?) but it seems like once the bumper is back on there isn't access to the two bolts. Is there now way to put the bumper back on with the two hook bolted in place? Any suggestions?

Also does anyone have a picture showing how much of the grill they cut, the instructions aren't very detailed.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:01 PM
94boosted
Racer

Bump.

Anyone?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 94boosted
For those of you who have installed the PFADT Front Tow Hook:

Items 9 & 10 of the Installation Instructions state that you shouldnt actually bolt the tow hook in place until the front bumper is back on (leaving the lower panels off, what panels?) but it seems like once the bumper is back on there isn't access to the two bolts. Is there now way to put the bumper back on with the two hook bolted in place? Any suggestions?

Also does anyone have a picture showing how much of the grill they cut, the instructions aren't very detailed.
You should still be able to access the riv-nut holes you installed, even after the front bumper is back in place. The lower panels are referring to the black plastic front under tray. That is why you can still access them from underneath the car.

The amount of grill you trim out is the W x H of the actual tow hook itself, and we provide the grill trim guideline to line it up with one of the vertical "bars" that is in the front grill. Hope that helps.

If I had a car here that had one installed I would take a pic but unfortunately I do not.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 AM
94boosted
Racer

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
You should still be able to access the riv-nut holes you installed, even after the front bumper is back in place. The lower panels are referring to the black plastic front under tray. That is why you can still access them from underneath the car.

The amount of grill you trim out is the W x H of the actual tow hook itself, and we provide the grill trim guideline to line it up with one of the vertical "bars" that is in the front grill. Hope that helps.

If I had a car here that had one installed I would take a pic but unfortunately I do not.
Thank you, this helps I'll try it today.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Why are all of these g'dam things bright red? Anyone make a black one?
Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

In theory, you want a tow guy who's not familair with your car, to put his hook in the right place.

For a street car, I'd use Rust-Oleum semi-glass black.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Tow Hook

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Tow Hook