C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borla Introduces New C6 Touring, S-Type, ATAK Exhaust w/Video

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:19 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

No question .............. If I didn't have the NPP option I'd change out the OE axle back exhaust.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:09 AM
sla07
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
As you have the NPP, buy a Mild2Wild system. It rocks. I love the way I can change the exhaust sound on the fly simply by pressing a button on the fob.
i have the fuse pulled already which i like...the couple times i take a trip might be the only time it would come in handy but its simple enough to just pop the fuse back in and save me the 100 bucks

Originally Posted by BWM C6GS
I personally am after "sound". Aren't we all? Fortunately, that usually provides a welcome improvement in performance too. I find my vette is a really nice car to tour, cruise and play with, but, at most speeds, it doesnt communicate what the engine is doing very well. Especially true with my non-NPP system. I want to hear that beautifully engineered LS3, especially at start-up, idle and daily drives at normal legit speeds (of course?). And, little or no drone is really important to me. Like my iPod music too! That's where Corsa and hopefully the Borla S-Type II will perform. User's seem to suggest most other aftermarkets do drone somewhat.

On my non-NPP C6, I figure a few extra HP will be realized with the cat-back. As noted, already have the GM X-pipe. An extra 6 SAE rated HP are stated by GM with the NPP option (430 to 436 with NPP). Based on this, I assume that 6 HP, and possibly a few extra, as stated by Borla, would be a fair assumption. All due to less backpressure over my stock mufflers. NPP probably wouldnt see quite as much difference as they already free-flow at >3K rpm, or lower if fuse pulled. However, not a big deal for me either way. For now at least, I find 430HP is more than adequate for my driving habits and skill level. But if I go CAI, which I might later, the new cans are a necessity to realize the CAI potential anyway.

That's the way I see it....
thats what i figured honestly...im curious to hear an npp with fuse pulled next to a borla s-type II...i just want to hear the differences in person to see if its even worth it...

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
No question .............. If I didn't have the NPP option I'd change out the OE axle back exhaust.
im just not sure if the tones are "better" or not with other exhausts...some that i hear sound great but i cant compare them side by side
Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 PM
0MarylandSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

I am gonna say I am pretty sure that the systems posted have an X-pipe. That being said, for the average customer I normally recommend the Axleback. The stock center section is not a restriction and does not cost power vs the Borla one. Also, I see a lot of people buy the full catback, then down the road want headers, and have to take the X-pipe they bought off, because headers require their own specific X-pipe.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
I am gonna say I am pretty sure that the systems posted have an X-pipe. That being said, for the average customer I normally recommend the Axleback. The stock center section is not a restriction and does not cost power vs the Borla one. Also, I see a lot of people buy the full catback, then down the road want headers, and have to take the X-pipe they bought off, because headers require their own specific X-pipe.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
sla07
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

My '07's had the Sport w/x-pipe for 4 1/2 years now. Probably the best mod I've done. I love the sound and everyone turns and looks when I'm coming. With that said, I'd be looking for the "ATAK" for my next one.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:12 AM
twc6
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What about the XR-1 multi-core?

Interesting to hear Borla has re-engineered the touring and stinger systems. What about the multi-core XR-1? You advertised this system as less aggressive than the stinger and "might be the perfect sound for your Corvette". The drone in my 2007 C6 was overpowering from 1400 to 1800 rpm and that includes 65-75mph. Venturis did not help. Adding the matching X-pipe did not help. I finally had to take the system off and put the stock system back on. What a let-down and waste of $1600.00. Any advice?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
David Borla
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BWM C6GS
Since no response to this thread, I (twice) submitted questions to the "Contact Us" link on the borla.com website. Still no response. So, an email off to David Borla's address, appealing for contact in engineering or wherever. Nope. No response. Maybe phone best. Borla started this very useful, informative thread. Wish they had continued the dialogue to clean up loose ends from us forum members. Somebody else have a go and post if successful please. Also, watch the other similiar thread on these Borla's.
Sorry for this, which email address did you use for me?
Old 12-09-2011, 04:44 PM
BWM C6GS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by David Borla
Sorry for this, which email address did you use for me?
Hi David.
davidb@borla.com Picked it up from another related posting. Other enquiry directed to sales@borla.com from website.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:48 AM
twc6
Heel & Toe

What is "the sport"?

Quick Reply: Borla Introduces New C6 Touring, S-Type, ATAK Exhaust w/Video