C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Halltech Super Bee MF103 1 day sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech Super Bee MF103 1 day sale

Until 12:00 midnight tonight, we are discounting the Super Bee MF103 $50.00. When ordering use the coupon code NEWBEE for the discount.

http://www.halltechsystems.com/Produ...ctCode=SBMF103

(The Super Bee logo is photoshopped, and not on the intake)
Horsepower gains on the stock LS3, just bolting on the Super Bee MF103 are 11 RWHP/ 8 lbs ft torque. That is 13.3 HP at the flywheel using the 20.5% driveline loss on the automatic. The 6 speed will see at least 12 RWHP since the driveline loss is only 15%. The means that your 436 HP LS3 becomes a 449 HP street machine, without voiding your warranty, without any risk of hydrolock and that is just the beginning. When your car is at a stoplight with the stock induction system, you lose major horsepower and torque from heat soak to the intake and it is full of hot air. In 1 minute, your power will drop 20 horsepower from the combination of timing loss, which starts at 86F, and air density loss, which is -1% for every 10 degrees of temp into the intake.

Testing below was with the hood open, which allowed the stock intake bias over the Halltech Super Bee, since we breath cold air, not hot air. Closing the hood would have shown +20 or so more horsepower, if the fan was a 65 mph type that could feed the Beehive. We recommend our cutouts for true cold air, but that is optional, as is tuning.
email verbatim from Lucky Speed:

Test Vehicle:
2010 C6 Corvette
Base Model LS3 w/ Bi-Modal Sport Exhaust
A6 - six-speed Automatic
2.56 Rear End Gear Ratio

Modifications as Tested:
HRE Wheels - 19" Wheels Front & Rear
Otherwise Stock

Run conditions:
96 degrees Fahrenheit
23% Humidity

Testing as follows:
Two dyno runs in stock configuration
Install Halltech SBMF103 while still strapped down - process was no more than 10 minutes - NO TUNING performed
Two dyno runs with SBMF103 installed - no other changes

Results:
Stock Dyno Peak HP: 360.99
Stock Dyno Peak Tq: 360.23
MF103 Dyno Peak HP: 371.67
MF103 Dyno Peak Tq: 367.70
Peak Gains: +11 HP / 7.5 Tq

Stock Dyno Midrange HP: 328.09
Stock Dyno Midrange Tq: 355.29
MF103 Dyno Midrange HP: 338.02
MF103 Dyno Midrange Tq: 366.04
Midrange Gains: + 10 HP / 11 Tq across the board - most gains between 4500RPM-Redline

Peak numbers do not show the beauty and true gains of the new Halltech SBMF103. As we have proven time and again power under the curve and mid-range gains are what truly matter, especially on street driven applications. Gains were across the board, with more power and torque at every RPM. The Halltech SBMF103 gained 10-12 HP and 11-13 ft. lbs. of torque across the entire midrange only 10 minutes after bolting it on with no other changes. There were no dyno tricks, no ice bags, no locking converters, nothing but hard numbers and back to back dyno runs. The fuel trims were well within range of where they should be and the Air Fuel Ratio did not lean out to dangerous levels; in fact, the AFR was within 2 tenths of stock levels and under 12. Tuning showed even more gains across the board, 20 foot lbs. of torque and 13 HP in the midrange, but only peaked 3HP and 9 Tq Higher than the SBMF103 with stock tuning. This is a truly set-it-and-forget-it option for those who are not interested in having their Corvette tuned and/or are not close enough to a tuner to have a proper tune done.
The Green line is with power tuning, the Red line just the intake bolted on 10 within 10 minutes of the stock pull:

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 07-31-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:08 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you going to run this again!

I have some surging around 2,000 rpm when cold. Once warmed up it is barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. It is a bolt ons only LS3 with a competitors intake. I tried going back to my stock intake and I get the same thing. Do you believe the Super Bee can get rid of it? It annoys me!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by tomiboy
Are you going to run this again!

I have some surging around 2,000 rpm when cold. Once warmed up it is barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. It is a bolt ons only LS3 with a competitors intake. I tried going back to my stock intake and I get the same thing. Do you believe the Super Bee can get rid of it? It annoys me!
When you first start any LS motor, you are in cold start open loop mode. This is fuel enrichment, which is like a choke to enable you to get the car warmed up. Idle varies from 800 rpm to 650 rpm once the water temp reaches operating temp.

The LS3 will always run stoichiometric until 16 to 19% throttle position. Once you are past that throttle position, you are in open loop fuel enrichment again, and no longer stoich.

You likely have a bottom breather since they all surge. We do not make bottom breather intakes for many reasons, one is that issue.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

It's not a bottom breather. And to clarify I have put my stock air cleaner back on and it does the same thing. Both have the surging while driving around 2000 rpm when cold. I'm just curious if you think the Super Bee will cure it. $500 is alot of money if it still surges after the install, not so bad if it stops the surging!

Last edited by tomiboy; 08-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech Super Bee MF103 1 day sale

Quick Reply: Halltech Super Bee MF103 1 day sale