C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

•► ► CoW BOOSTER - THE MOST AMAZING C6 PRODUCT EVER OFFERED - GUARANTEED! ◄ ◄•

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:21 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

whats the guarantee?

Is there a potiential for any problem to occur during install or after?
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Stars_Fan
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gibear2k5
While I have never done business with Chuck... I do know he is highly regarded on this forum and seriously doubt he would risk his reputation on Snake Oil, JMHO.

I'm looking forward to more info.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:08 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default I'm cool with it!

Actually, this is the best kind of guarantee for the consumer and worst for the purveyor of services.

All the customer has to say is "I'm not happy with it" and money back. Out comes the tune and back goes the cash.

As a consumer I like those kind of guarantees. If I'm not happy I get my money back. What's not to love about that?
I'm cool with it.... I've not had ONE SINGLE customer EVER tell me they didn't like it

or that it wasn't worth it....

And if someone wants to know....

MY GUARANTEE IS THAT YOU WILL LIKE IT, or YOU DON'T PAY FOR IT....

And, OBVIOUSLY.... I REMOVE IT too!

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 08-18-2011, 11:13 PM
gibear2k5
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Stars_Fan
I don't get it..are you saying I'm crazy?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:49 PM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Any more info on this product?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I certainly respect your contributions to the field.

I would suggest that what Chuck is selling just isn't as quantifiable as some other things are. You buy many things for the feeling you get. Beer comes to mind. A piece of Tiffany jewelry for your wife. Good feelings for both of you (hopefully).

Because you can't exactly measure it doesn't mean it isn't real, nor is it worthless.

It's worth exactly what his customers think it's worth. Like art.

Might be worth zero to you; me, if I can get rid of the delay I have between throttle press and engine rev, that's worth something to me.
Well put. I'll be trying it at Carlisle Thursday.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 AM
RedZR
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck,

Is it able to be detected by the dealership in any way (I am concerned about warranty issues that arise when the computer is re-flashed)?

Dan
Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Any chance of any damage to the pcm electrical system etc... ? If not...what the hell..sounds like a nice little mod for 99 or 199 dollars..after the promo...

I understand the value of improving the "feel" of the vehicle..Its been stated quite well in this thread.. zero to 60mph in 4 flat......

Hell stock the C6 can top out at 190 mph......thats pretty fast ...faster in fact than I'll ever go.. but if this new mod "makes the car feel peppy and its the most amazing C6 product ever offered..."

Thats pretty cool. Thanks for your efforts. The title states its the most amazing C6 product ever offered....guaranteed...

Does the computer relearn its old habits after time? dumbing down the throttle..
Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Chuck's mod is not claiming to add horsepower

Originally Posted by Chuck Cow
You're gonna find out EXACTLY how much power you've been missing...
Originally Posted by Chuck Cow
What it DOES DO is REPLACES THE MISSING POWER "under the curve" that GM REMOVED
I understand most of his posts are simply marketing to certain buyers...

I just want to see ANYTHING to prove that this increases performance and I'll be a buyer. I'm always looking for a way to increase performance, but I don't want a placebo effect of believing I got performance just because a pedal is more sensitive.

If it isn't exactly like the sprint booster, which chuck claims it's not, then I want to know what it is doing differently.

Originally Posted by chuck cow
IS NOT like other products that simple "FAKE" your gas pedal request to the computer or "skew" the pedal response.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 08-19-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I think I do understand you. I just disagree with you. Chuck's mod is not claiming to add horsepower (something tangible and readily measurable by objective means in a standardized format), it's claiming to cure a sluggish throttle response. That's not so measurable. My sluggish might be your snappy. I in fact do think my car has sluggish response and I would like that fixed for my driving style (heel and toe downshifting).

I agree with this completely. I spoke with Chuck last night and after his thorough explanation what I believe is that this mod is meant to eliminate the sluggishness of the throttle response and he made no claim of adding measurable horsepower. What I can say is that the explanations he gives sound credible, he has never steered me wrong yet, and I have been satisfied with all the work he has done for me including tuning. Like he said to me on the phone, and posted in these forums.... If you dont like the result... money back. I will be trying this at Carlisle and until then thats all I got !!!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 AM
TTZ06VETTE
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
I agree with this completely. I spoke with Chuck last night and after his thorough explanation what I believe is that this mod is meant to eliminate the sluggishness of the throttle response and he made no claim of adding measurable horsepower. What I can say is that the explanations he gives sound credible, he has never steered me wrong yet, and I have been satisfied with all the work he has done for me including tuning. Like he said to me on the phone, and posted in these forums.... If you dont like the result... money back. I will be trying this at Carlisle and until then thats all I got !!!!!
Let us know how it goes. I'm in the camp that it should be measurable. Whether it is moving the torque curve up in the power band(rpm range), or simply adding more timing and fuel earlier due to the improved throttle opening rate, you should be able to see a before and after in the data. Otherwise its all perception. Hell it feels like my car runs better after I change the oil
Old 08-19-2011, 10:08 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

I hate to bring it to this level, so please realize I have tongue in cheek as I say this:

Everybody has their own idea of how they like their girl (or guy if you are a lady) in the sack. Some like it fast and furious, some like it relaxing and smooth; some like dominance, some submission.

This mod will give you the chance to "feel" more snap and response to less of a pedal push and depending on how/where you drive, it may make the car a lot more enjoyable to YOU. For me, this is something I always wanted and tried to accomplish with HP and EFI along with all my good friends who are what I would rate knowledgeable and excellent tuners...I even spoke about this with Greg Banish when my shop hosted one of his tuning classes...but no matter how I tried to attain what I wanted, it was elusive.

When I had my 06, the most enjoyable mod I did (and after a while I did everything me, Spin and Joe could think of) was my 4.10 gears. Forgetting the launch,torque multiplication, etc I was tickled pink that I could ride in 6th gear on the highway at 70 mph and have response without having to downshift. That is the best way I can relate the feel here...the gas pedal responds so much quicker to smaller inputs...the car is more to what I want to feel.

I'm an old throttle cable lover (well...old in general ), and in many ways I enjoyed my older Mach 1, Camaros, etc because of that '"snap" to the pedal....and I was doubtful it could be accomplished in my 08 A6. Im a computer engineer and work for big evil Microsoft...and without giving much away technically, after having Chuck explain what he felt comfortable telling me, this is a very unique and revolutionary way to accomplish it that others haven't figured out yet...that doesn't mean they wont or cant...just he is the first to do what he is doing and how he is doing it. Remember...not that long ago...no one thought they could use a phone to browse the internet....no one thought the 640 K DOS memory barrier could be broken (or needed)...etc.

Chuck has his lovers and haters, and this is a open forum, but all politics and bashing aside I think if the concept of what he has come up with in intriguing to you, give it a try, you have nothing to lose.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-JIM
Show the results on a dyno before and after.
Not sure this can be measured on a dyno though since dyno pulls are done at WOT. Maybe I'm missing something.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Originally Posted by Craigster05
I hate to bring it to this level, so please realize I have tongue in cheek as I say this:

Everybody has their own idea of how they like their girl (or guy if you are a lady) in the sack. Some like it fast and furious, some like it relaxing and smooth; some like dominance, some submission.

This mod will give you the chance to "feel" more snap and response to less of a pedal push and depending on how/where you drive, it may make the car a lot more enjoyable to YOU. For me, this is something I always wanted and tried to accomplish with HP and EFI along with all my good friends who are what I would rate knowledgeable and excellent tuners...I even spoke about this with Greg Banish when my shop hosted one of his tuning classes...but no matter how I tried to attain what I wanted, it was elusive.

When I had my 06, the most enjoyable mod I did (and after a while I did everything me, Spin and Joe could think of) was my 4.10 gears. Forgetting the launch,torque multiplication, etc I was tickled pink that I could ride in 6th gear on the highway at 70 mph and have response without having to downshift. That is the best way I can relate the feel here...the gas pedal responds so much quicker to smaller inputs...the car is more to what I want to feel.

I'm an old throttle cable lover (well...old in general ), and in many ways I enjoyed my older Mach 1, Camaros, etc because of that '"snap" to the pedal....and I was doubtful it could be accomplished in my 08 A6. Im a computer engineer and work for big evil Microsoft...and without giving much away technically, after having Chuck explain what he felt comfortable telling me, this is a very unique and revolutionary way to accomplish it that others haven't figured out yet...that doesn't mean they wont or cant...just he is the first to do what he is doing and how he is doing it. Remember...not that long ago...no one thought they could use a phone to browse the internet....no one thought the 640 K DOS memory barrier could be broken (or needed)...etc.

Chuck has his lovers and haters, and this is a open forum, but all politics and bashing aside I think if the concept of what he has come up with in intriguing to you, give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

That's all fine and dandy, but if that's all it's doing that's all I need said in the original post.

Instead I see comments about getting lost power and improved performance when what I believe it to be is only a more sensitive pedal.

I'd really like to just understand how it's different than the sprint booster, or if this is just a more affordable option to get the same results.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 08-19-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
joe11204
Procharged F1X 7.18 @ 197
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Doug has proven results with his tunes. Chuck if you would like to prove the results I have a test mule that can be used at Carlisle. ECS has a dyno. I will be on site Thur-Sat. Show the results on a dyno before and after. There is no better place to prove this than the largest Corvette show in the world. I am sure a lot of people would love to see the results. Time for talking is over. Prove it.
C5-JIM
What part do you not understand. It does not add HP, rather improves throttle response.

I have no dog in this hunt. That said:

I don't think there is a Tuner/Vendor on CF that has more haters and lovers than Chuck. The majority of people never met him, spent a dollar in his shop, or even spoke to him on the phone. The haters feel inclined to follow along with the crowd. It's just a mob mentality. That is too bad because he is a great guy to know and would take the shirt off his back for a customer (hopefully it's not the real tight yellow one Chuck ).

Last edited by joe11204; 08-19-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
BornSUPERCHARGED
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys I think the main thing to remember here is that forum vendors can offer any product/service they wish, and negative comments in their threads aren't allowed. I have nothing against Chuck or his new product/service, I wanted to know how it was different from using EFI or HP Tuners to accomplish the same thing. In 4 pages it's been stated that the tables DO work, and conversely that they do NOT work.

Just as we're wanting proof that CoW Booster actually does something, I'd like to see some kind of proof that the tables do or do not work.

As Edcmat said,
What I AM saying, is if it indeed increases the speed of the throttle opening relative to pedal position, then it should be able to be measured simply using the scanner. You can select your pedal position pids, and your actual throttle position
Perhaps someone could have a base tune and show the result.
Then modify the table I mentioned and show the result.
Then have Chuck's CoW Booster installed and again show the result.

If there's no change across the board, then it's all just snake oil.
If CoW Booster is the only one that makes any difference, then perhaps he's right and exclusivity is on his side - but I've only mentioned one table and I'm not even a tuner. All I've done is a Google search and pulled widely available information regarding electronic throttle positioning.. seems to have gotten people worked up though.

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
All I'm willing to say on the subject is that CoW BOOSTER WORKS and YOUR tables DO NOT WORK. I won't get into "WHY", just know that your tables, while you CAN modify them, WON'T do what CoW BOOSTER can do.

... when the tables first appeared in a BETA release.... They DO NOT WORK.

... I will gladly answer any appropriate questions posted in this thread about this product, HOWEVER I will NOT be challenged in this thread with respect to the validity, function, or exclusiveness of this product.
Not having experience with it myself, I won't argue over if the tables work or not. I asked if you're using those tables. I'll just reference this post instead:
Originally Posted by DSteck
Somehow I doubt Chuck has his own proprietary software considering he's using EFI Live to flash this in.

The tables work.
In my opinion questioning the validity of a $99 or $199 mod would be an appropriate question. Asking how it functions and not just taking your word for it is not challenging you, it's wanting to understand something before you buy it. I am just questioning how it could be different from tables. Others have questioned if it does anything at all, because 3% throttle blade opened at 20% pedal doesn't sound right to them. Hell it doesn't sound right to me either. Exclusiveness in accomplishing this modification is yet to be proven and is hearsay at the moment.

Originally Posted by sjohnson2615
Why are you busting his *****?
Just go tune your car yourself if you can and save $99 if that is what you are worried about.
Leave this thread to those that are interested and can not do it themselves.
Hi Johnson, I take it you enjoy dropping $99 like it's nothing without any proof it changes anything except "feel", and without questioning if other tuners can do the same thing (thus disproving the proprietary exclusivity notion)? If you don't care to do research before you buy something, that's fine. Ignore my posts and you won't have to think anymore

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
If it does as claimed, it should be measurable, period. If the throttle blade opens quicker in relation to pedal position, it should be measurable.
Precisely, SOTP is not scientific proof of anything.

Keep it civil
Old 08-19-2011, 11:42 AM
5knives
Melting Slicks

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68

I understand most of his posts are simply marketing to certain buyers...

I just want to see ANYTHING to prove that this increases performance and I'll be a buyer. I'm always looking for a way to increase performance, but I don't want a placebo effect of believing I got performance just because a pedal is more sensitive.

If it isn't exactly like the sprint booster, which chuck claims it's not, then I want to know what it is doing differently.

I'm not bashing anyone, and certainly not a respected vendor such as Mr. Chuck, but I would like more info on what this product is doing. If it's just better throttle response, fine. But it seems some of the explanations are ambiguous. The claim that it is not like the sprint booster is what really spiked my interest, since many people feel that is pure marketing BS. So how is it different?

And in all fairness, most of the responses we're getting are from 3rd parties. I'd much rather hear from the man who put in the time and effort to develop this.

Get notified of new replies

To •► ► CoW BOOSTER - THE MOST AMAZING C6 PRODUCT EVER OFFERED - GUARANTEED! ◄ ◄•

Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car will be a good guinea pig. Heads/cam but no gears. Car has a very lazy throttle compared to my 07'Z. (see MODs below). I'm not looking for or expecting more HP, just better T-response. See you at 9am Thurs Mr. Cow. Looking forward to it!
Old 08-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Doug has proven results with his tunes. Chuck if you would like to prove the results I have a test mule that can be used at Carlisle. ECS has a dyno. I will be on site Thur-Sat. Show the results on a dyno before and after. There is no better place to prove this than the largest Corvette show in the world. I am sure a lot of people would love to see the results. Time for talking is over. Prove it.
C5-JIM
I'm afraid Chuck's policy of writing so many words means that people skim them and don't get the point of the mod.

This mod WILL NOT show up on a dyno. There is really no way to measure this mod!

If you get it, and don't like it, he will give you your money back. How simple is that???
Old 08-19-2011, 12:18 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by joe11204
What part do you not understand. It does not add HP, rather improves throttle response.

I have no dog in this hunt. That said:

I don't think there is a Tuner/Vendor on CF that has more haters and lovers than Chuck. The majority of people never met him, spent a dollar in his shop, or even spoke to him on the phone. The haters feel inclined to follow along with the crowd. It's just a mob mentality. That is too bad because he is a great guy to know and would take the shirt off his back for a customer (hopefully it's not the real tight yellow one Chuck ).
This very well said. I can tell from the posts that many who have not used or met Chuck don't "get" him. I can understand that because he has a certain way of expressing himself that many people might mistake as arrogant. I can tell you that after spending 5 full days with him at his shop he really does care about his customers and does everything possible to see that they are happy. Like any other mod, this one will be good for some and not for others.

Quick Reply: •► ► CoW BOOSTER - THE MOST AMAZING C6 PRODUCT EVER OFFERED - GUARANTEED! ◄ ◄•