C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
ls3mnstr
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Starter solenoid

Hi, I've recently started having problems getting the car started, until yesterday it didn't want to start at all. I noticed the problem is the solenoid on the starter, one of the connections melted and broke off, the reason was that I didn't wrap the starter so the headers fried it. I did a search on the forums and read that some people have changed the solenoid. I wanted to know if anyone knows the part number or where I would be able to purchase the solenoid?

Thanks,
George Gonzalez
Old 11-15-2011, 10:18 PM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

I looked at a starter off of my LS2 however there is no part number on the solenoid.

If you take the starter to a decent alternator/starter shop they can replace the solenoid for less than $20.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:12 AM
Z06d
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DSOMC6
I looked at a starter off of my LS2 however there is no part number on the solenoid.

If you take the starter to a decent alternator/starter shop they can replace the solenoid for less than $20.
I'm dealing with the exact same issue.

Can you recommend a good alternator/starter shop here is So Cal (SFV specifically). Thanks!
Old 12-28-2011, 03:14 AM
Z06d
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls3mnstr
Hi, I've recently started having problems getting the car started, until yesterday it didn't want to start at all. I noticed the problem is the solenoid on the starter, one of the connections melted and broke off, the reason was that I didn't wrap the starter so the headers fried it. I did a search on the forums and read that some people have changed the solenoid. I wanted to know if anyone knows the part number or where I would be able to purchase the solenoid?

Thanks,
George Gonzalez
George,

did you ever find a solution? Keep me posted, and if I have any luck, I'll let you know. Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Starter solenoid

Quick Reply: Starter solenoid