C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new ride need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 AM
timc6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new ride need advice

I want to "black it out" i would like to start with the wheels first, i have the means to dismount and mount tires and have the wheels blasted (im on a budget is why im painting instead of powder coat) my question is what would be the best "blast" to use on the wheels and best paint/clear? i want them gloss black.

Second, i would like to black out the tail lights/side markers. what should i use to accomplish this? can you pick up good quality stuff from the local parts store? is it hard to get them to look right?

then i will tint the windows. here are some pictures of the car its bone stock as of now.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 AM
stivette
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

These arent the best pics but only ones i have. I ordered my rear and side marker blackouts from west coast corvette. They are great quality and easy to remove if you need to pass inspection. All of the blackouts are acrylic. I attempted to tint but quickly realized it would not be easy all too easy. I recommend just spending the money on the good stuff. I dont have any info on the wheels. Hope this helps!

Last edited by stivette; 01-18-2012 at 01:47 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-18-2012, 01:52 AM
stivette
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

These look nice too. I learned that you get what you pay for with these though. Some def look better than others...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...t-79-99-a.html

Get notified of new replies

To new ride need advice

Quick Reply: new ride need advice