C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011-12 USB/AUX console port retro in progress...

Old 03-24-2012, 10:31 PM
Leifmb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011-12 USB/AUX console port retro in progress...

I'm upgrading my 2009 with the 2011-12 Navi radio with the USB/Aux in the center console and need the navi radio pin-outs. The USB portion of the wire harness (PN 20940291) should plug into the USB port in the back of the radio. BUT, the AUX input wires will likely have to be plugged into the proper radio plug. My service manual only goes to 2009 and does not cover the new radio! Any help on the pin-outs and or harness modifications to use (I was wondering if I could modify a PAL harness for this purpose) would be appreciated. I'm still waiting for the parts to come in but curious if anyone else has completed this upgrade yet!

So far I've ordered the lower (bare console bottom w/o the lid) console with the USB/Aux port, the USB Receptacle (PN 20870101) and the above mentioned harness. The console bottom I ordered (PN 20957061) is for the Titanium color only!

Any help on the with the Radio pin-outs and or 2011-12 console wiring schematics would be a great help!

Leif
Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 AM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The lower console will come with the aux port and harness installed. I ordered both and have the extra sitting in a drawer. The seperate port/harness will be white too, the one in the cosole will the black or Titanium.
I will look for the aux wiring on my other machine and see if I still have it.
The connector for the harness will not plug directly into the radio. That will keep ya busy for a bit figuring that one out :p.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 AM
Leifmb
Advanced

Sooo, did you figure it out or not? Any tips? Or is it so easy a caveman could do it!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Leifmb
Sooo, did you figure it out or not? Any tips? Or is it so easy a caveman could do it!
Oh ya, I actually retroffited it into my 06 non bose and love it.
The Delphi Micro 100 pins you may need are avail online from mouser electronics.

It might be more than a caveman can handle haha.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Leifmb
Advanced

Well, the USB portion should be very easy as my radio has a USB port on the back. It's only the AUX input that is somewhat difficult as I don't have the 2011-12 radio pin-outs yet. I'm assuming all I have to do is learn the pin-outs and simply make a plugin for it to the console harness.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:15 PM
RoadRebel
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Leifmb
Well, the USB portion should be very easy as my radio has a USB port on the back. It's only the AUX input that is somewhat difficult as I don't have the 2011-12 radio pin-outs yet. I'm assuming all I have to do is learn the pin-outs and simply make a plugin for it to the console harness.
While it should be easy to plug in the usb, more than likey it wont as I stated before.

Get notified of new replies

To 2011-12 USB/AUX console port retro in progress...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011-12 USB/AUX console port retro in progress...