C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Balancing the aero

Old 04-09-2012, 07:26 AM
Travelor
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Balancing the aero

Has anyone actually found test results of changing the front and rear aero package. i.e. changing to the ZR1 splitter or the rear spoiler but not both.

I would think that the car is balanced from the factory and we can really screw up the aero by changing parts with no actual knowledge of how they affect the aerodynamics the car at speed.

For Example: I would seem changing the spoiler with no change to the front might cause some interesting handling characteristics at speeds over 150 mph.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 AM
el es tu
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Travelor
Has anyone actually found test results of changing the front and rear aero package. i.e. changing to the ZR1 splitter or the rear spoiler but not both.

I would think that the car is balanced from the factory and we can really screw up the aero by changing parts with no actual knowledge of how they affect the aerodynamics the car at speed.

For Example: I would seem changing the spoiler with no change to the front might cause some interesting handling characteristics at speeds over 150 mph.
yes katech

http://www.katechengines.com/street_...a%20report.pdf
Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM
DSOMC6
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

There's quite a bit of info in the roadrace section on mounting aero for downforce and adjusting spring rates etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Balancing the aero

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Balancing the aero