C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 passenger side door controls inop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 08:54 PM
sinnedls2
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 passenger side door controls inop.

The door lock,window control,door open button and mirror qiut working. Controls from the drivers side for the pass. door are also inop.

Drivers side is fine.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:21 PM
bingo1105
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's an accordion tube near the hinges of the door... the wires connecting the door control module are in there, and if I had to guess, it's loose or has come unplugged. It's either that, or a bad door control module.

There are plenty of threads showing pictures of what to look at, as problems with the connector is a common issue on the C5. Just do a quick search on 'accordion tube' and you should find it.

Hope this helps...
Old 06-14-2012, 02:29 PM
sinnedls2
Heel & Toe

Thank you. I have a c6 model and there are no wire conn plugs, I checked. in the black rubber boot. Does the DCM sound like the problem? I will check the conn to the DCM before trying another. Does all this sound OK
Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 PM
bingo1105
Advanced

The connector is inside the chassis... you have to pull the wires a bit out of the chassis to get to it. It might not be the problem, but it's definitely worth checking. Here's a thread with some pictures:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...nger-door.html

If it's the connector, jiggling the wires as indicated in that thread will likely make an intermittent connection. Maybe do that in a dark area, as the controls in the door will illuminate when they receive power... it's a dead giveaway of a bad connection...

I've pulled the door panels off my car and I can't see it being a connector inside the door... the wires aren't being pulled like in the accordion tube so there's really nothing to go wrong. Has anything led up to the problem? New stereo install / water leaks / etc.??
Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM
sinnedls2
Heel & Toe

You are right man! I kept seeing pics on the forum for c5 vettes.
Everybody says what to do, but the pics don't look like my car door.

Nobody said you had to have tiny hands and reach 8 in. into the chasis to find these connectors.

Sure thing the large connector was loose. Problem solved.

Thank You very much.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 PM
bingo1105
Advanced

Awesome! Glad to hear it's fixed!

Get notified of new replies

To 2005 passenger side door controls inop.

Quick Reply: 2005 passenger side door controls inop.