C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to replace Daytime Running Lamp Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 09:50 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Need to replace Daytime Running Lamp Assembly

The front DTRL (fog) lamp assembly on my neighbor's C6 just "dropped" (i.e. came unfastened from the front bumper) and is dangling below the bumper. I have volunteered to help him fix it (fix being a Texas technical synonym for "repair").

Has anybody had to uninstall/replace the daytime Running Lamp (fog lamp) assembly on your C6? If yes, please let me know how the assembly is fastened to the front bumper, along with any "tricks of the trade.".

I assume any/all screws/fasteners that hold this assembly in place have been lost. So please provide the types and size(s) of these screws so I can source them at the local auto parts store (or Lowe's).

I've replaced the corner turn signal lamps on my C5 (it's a pain in the a#%), but haven't yet "turned a wrench" on a C6.

Thanks.

The Lizzard

Last edited by LoneStarLizzard; 07-28-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:08 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 654 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarLizzard
The front DTRL (fog) lamp assembly ... Has anybody had to uninstall/replace the daytime Running Lamp (fog lamp) assembly on your C6?
This is contradictory. The C6 has DRLs and fog lights but they're not the same light. I assume you're talking about the fog lights, which are the ones down below the bumper.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:20 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by torquetube
This is contradictory. The C6 has DRLs and fog lights but they're not the same light. I assume you're talking about the fog lights, which are the ones down below the bumper.
You are correct. My bad.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:50 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

the parts blow-up shows items you may purchase and their parts numbers. but.... they almost always never show the part numbers for their fasteners required and thats what happened when i looked up fog lamps. no fasteners part-numbers listed. it appears as item #15 , your best bet is when you crawl under the car, see what hold up the one that hasnt fell down, remove enough there you can make a parts run.
i always have a good relationship with a small local mechanic where you can go through their 'screw/bolt junk drawer'.
anyway.. parts blow-up

Last edited by ChevyDave; 07-28-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:56 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

ChevyDave - thanks. That really helps.

It looks like the fog lamp is held in place by a single screw on the outboard side of the housing and, I suspect, a tab/slot arrangement on the inboard side.

If the tab/slot arrangement is broken, then my neighbor might be SOL unless we can kluge something. We'll see.

But in any event I appreciate your help.

Regards,

The Lizzard
Old 07-28-2012, 11:05 PM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarLizzard
ChevyDave - thanks. That really helps.

It looks like the fog lamp is held in place by a single screw on the outboard side of the housing and, I suspect, a tab/slot arrangement on the inboard side.

If the tab/slot arrangement is broken, then my neighbor might be SOL unless we can kluge something. We'll see.

But in any event I appreciate your help.

Regards,

The Lizzard
fyi... often for fasteners, they will only show one and if your lucky list them as 2 required (or 4 required) so i doubt only 1 used.. good luck
Old 07-29-2012, 06:12 PM
RLSebring
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Pensacola Florida GO GATORS!!! www.rlsebring.com www.c6c7vette.com
Received 174 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

There's 3 fasteners that hold the foglight assmbly in place along with a couple of tabs across the top of the housing that's molded into the fascia cover/bumper.

Once you get in theree you'll see if something broke or just came loose.

BTW the screws are the same as the ones that hold the fascia on along the front of the hood.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 PM
LoneStarLizzard
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RLSebring
There's 3 fasteners that hold the foglight assmbly in place along with a couple of tabs across the top of the housing that's molded into the fascia cover/bumper.

Once you get in theree you'll see if something broke or just came loose.

BTW the screws are the same as the ones that hold the fascia on along the front of the hood.
Thanks.

the Lizzard

Get notified of new replies

To Need to replace Daytime Running Lamp Assembly

Quick Reply: Need to replace Daytime Running Lamp Assembly