C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New toy to mod..

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:18 AM
livnpaintball2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New toy to mod..

Just bought my first vette and want to start modding it. my goal is to end up with a supercharger but for now want to do supporting mods for the supercharger to be. Also want to do the z06/GS brake upgrade and a few suspension mods.

What is the most common, best bang for the buck intake and exhaust parts I can get?

I would rather hear from individuals who used the parts they comment on please. And no nitrous for me this time around, had it in the camaro and it was too much fun...

Thanks for your advice!!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Don 79 TA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best i can say is to search
also all gonna depend on what you plan on doing down the road
especially centri or roots style S/C
if roots style, ask yourself do you want to spend 4-1000 clams on a intake that will come off (yes you have resale value)

i went with SLP CAI, ported intake (because the goal was to go roots style SC and wanted a boost for now) and LG street headers for that added low end power response (yes most headers will do this too)

any decent brand header fits flawlessly, so it's your choice
as for intake if ya plan on keeping it, i'd personally say invest is a FAST 102, otherwise for the $$ a ported one isn't as bad

keep in mind i'm referring to a LS2 setup
the 3's have a little better intake setup already
and of course a good tune is worth it too
Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 PM
livnpaintball2
Intermediate

Thanks Don for being nice to me, I've found in the past that if you ask a widely general question the FLAMES come out to burn you. After reading my post I left out some info. I bought a 2012 coupe LT1 6spd.

ordered a hud, clear bra, and splash guards so far. Performance is next, I would like to go with roots but most of them dont make much noise so I'm leaning to centri.

I had a GT500 with a pulley and it made a sweet whine when you get on it.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

OP: Give these guys a call, they will help you do it right the first time around. http://www.dallasperformance.com/tuning.html
Old 09-16-2012, 11:40 PM
livnpaintball2
Intermediate

Installed a mgw shifter, much better than stock!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 AM
oldmansan
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
Also want to do the z06/GS brake upgrade
Why do you want to do the "upgrade"? PM as I don't visit here much anymore.

San
Old 09-17-2012, 12:39 AM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

there is a really good clear bra installer in Dallas and I think they're still a forum vendor on here.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Le Mans Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by livnpaintball2
Just bought my first vette and want to start modding it. my goal is to end up with a supercharger but for now want to do supporting mods for the supercharger to be. Also want to do the z06/GS brake upgrade and a few suspension mods.

What is the most common, best bang for the buck intake and exhaust parts I can get?

I would rather hear from individuals who used the parts they comment on please. And no nitrous for me this time around, had it in the camaro and it was too much fun...

Thanks for your advice!!
What are you going to be using the car for? The suspension mods may be a waste of money truthfully. As for supporting mods, you don't need supporting mods for a blower. I took my car to ECS right after buying it and gained great power without needing anything else. A intake is a waste of money with a blower, my car can make more power than my stock bottom end motor can hold anyways. Mufflers are for sound/looks, they add nothing to your car other than MAYBE 5 hp. If you are looking for a mod before adding a blower do headers/catback (High flow cats or catless), and of course some tires. If you want supporting mods get a new diff because the manuals have weak rearends. And you would probably need a clutch as well to hold that kind of power.

Get notified of new replies

To New toy to mod..

Quick Reply: New toy to mod..