C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power top issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:27 PM
BruceD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default power top issue

Sorry if this is a question that has already been asked, but I searched and couldn't find it...

I just picked up my GS Vert at the NCM Thursday. Top worked fine. Drove back to WI and was cleaning it up today. I had the top down so I could wax the tonneau and the waterfall. I went to put it back up when I was done and it wasn't working properly. The back part of the top (where the glass is) is dropping before the tonneau when putting the top up. It's like it's out of sync or something. It goes down fine, no problems, but up no. I can hold the back of the top and hit the button, then the tonneau drops, I let go of the back part of the top, all is good. Kinda of defeats the purpose of a power top though.

I checked the manual, but didn't see anything. I did try releasing the pressure from the hydraulics and opended/closed it manually to see if it would reset anything... no avail.

Ideas? or take it in (which really sucks becasue its supposed to be perfect all week here and I just got it AND spent most of today cleaning it)

My 08 had a power top that worked great, not one issue.

*** EDIT***
Took it into dealer today, found some sort of micro-sensor out of place all is good now.

Last edited by BruceD; 08-27-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Found answer

Quick Reply: power top issue