C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Monitor

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 PM
ronalds444
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Monitor

Getting "Service tire monitor" message. Pressure on left front tire not reading. replaced with new tire sensor showed pressure for 20 miles then "Service Tire Monitor message came back on. Any suggestions?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Did the shop match all four sensors and the car together?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 835 Likes on 595 Posts

with Jim's concern - I suspect the shop didn't program your new tire pressure sensor into the TPMS computer in your car!!!

If they were that lax in completing the job, I'm a little worried about another aspect of doing the job correctly - i.e., did they install the correct sensor for your car!?!?

I looked in your profile and it indicates that you have a 2008, and all 2005-2009 C6's use a gray sensor with GM part# 25758220, or an aftermarket sensor compatible with the OE one.

I hope you can take it back to the shop and simply get them to program the sensors into your TPMS - like Jim said, all 4 need to be reprogrammed into the TPMS memory.

If they have problems doing the procedure I'd be concerned about whether they put the correct sensor in.

Good luck, and let us know if programming the sensors in solves your problem.

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Tire Monitor

Quick Reply: Tire Monitor