C6 not changing between driving modes anymore - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back   >
Log In 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor Directory

C6 Tech/Performance
LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace Sponsored by
21st Century Muscle Cars

C6 not changing between driving modes anymore

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Cory1745
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Cory1745's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default C6 not changing between driving modes anymore

I can only turn traction control off/on, I can't go into competitive driving mode or turn traction control/active handling off anymore. It has always worked fine, the only thing that has been done since I noticed it not working is I had the battery changed. I had to reset my windows & all my radio presets so I'm wondering if it affected the driving mode button. I wouldn't think it would but I've been wrong before. Car is a 2005 C6 z51 m6 3lt
Cory1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
Cory1745
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Cory1745's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Also I do not have any service lights or anything abnormal displayed in the DIC..
Cory1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
JasonS5555
CF Senior Member
 
JasonS5555's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Posts: 243
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I'm sure that the battery change wouldn't affect the way the TC button functioned. It sounds like you potentially have a failure. Do you have any way to read error codes?

Jason
JasonS5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Cory1745
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Cory1745's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a actron OBD ll scanner but it says no codes. after researching through google I finally come across a forum that says if any of your tps sensors aren't reading or it says to service your tps system that it wont allow you to select any mode other than traction on/off due to something with the active handling system. With that being said my left front tire is reading 0psi through my DIC & it has 35psi in it. It was reading fine before I changed the battery because I have a slow leak in my back left tire (have some new tires ordered) so I constantly check it from habit. So once I get my tps sensor reading I will know if that is the problem or not. Thanks for the reply
Cory1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #5
cagotzmann
CF Senior Member
 
cagotzmann's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 2011
Location: Sherwood Park Alberta
Posts: 1,311
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default Just Drop the tire pressure to 20 PSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1745 View Post
I have a actron OBD ll scanner but it says no codes. after researching through google I finally come across a forum that says if any of your tps sensors aren't reading or it says to service your tps system that it wont allow you to select any mode other than traction on/off due to something with the active handling system. With that being said my left front tire is reading 0psi through my DIC & it has 35psi in it. It was reading fine before I changed the battery because I have a slow leak in my back left tire (have some new tires ordered) so I constantly check it from habit. So once I get my tps sensor reading I will know if that is the problem or not. Thanks for the reply
After changing the battery I found that dropping the tire pressure to about 20PSI or until the unit starts reading on the DIC again should work. Then re-fill to proper pressure. I had the same symptom no driver modes.
cagotzmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #6
Cory1745
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Cory1745's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagotzmann View Post
After changing the battery I found that dropping the tire pressure to about 20PSI or until the unit starts reading on the DIC again should work. Then re-fill to proper pressure. I had the same symptom no driver modes.
I will try that, I have Nitrogen in my tires so I will run by a tire shop tomorrow & give it a shot.. Thanks for the reply
Cory1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
haljensen
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
haljensen's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2005
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 10,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

If you have the original Tire Presure Sensors they are getting old, projected battery life was 10 years but who knows when the batteries were manufactured. Might be time for new TPS.
haljensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
Cory1745
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Cory1745's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just to update anyone incase they ever run in to this issue, once my tps sensor started reading again I regained control to my driving modes. Everything back to normal. Thanks for the replies
Cory1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #9
Joe_G
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!
St. Jude Donor '08
 
Joe_G's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2002
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 14,761
Thanked 162 Times in 135 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1745 View Post
Just to update anyone incase they ever run in to this issue, once my tps sensor started reading again I regained control to my driving modes. Everything back to normal. Thanks for the replies
My left front battery went out after 5 years as well with the same symptoms.
Joe_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • C6 not changing between driving modes anymore
  •  
     
    Reply

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Traction Control Operation loboslanding C5 General 10 09-07-2015 10:55 PM
    First time drag racing (in the vette) tonight MessVette Drag Racing 5 08-26-2015 11:49 PM
    traction control problem. ESB-LS2 C6 Corvette General Discussion 0 07-20-2015 10:19 AM
    Drive mode settings - what changes? jdmdohcpower C7 Z06 Discussion 2 12-30-2014 08:36 PM
    Traction Modes - What's really the difference Gary-kq6rt C6 Corvette General Discussion 6 09-03-2014 10:48 AM


    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Click for Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 PM.