C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 not changing between driving modes anymore

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Cory1745
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 not changing between driving modes anymore

I can only turn traction control off/on, I can't go into competitive driving mode or turn traction control/active handling off anymore. It has always worked fine, the only thing that has been done since I noticed it not working is I had the battery changed. I had to reset my windows & all my radio presets so I'm wondering if it affected the driving mode button. I wouldn't think it would but I've been wrong before. Car is a 2005 C6 z51 m6 3lt
Old 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Cory1745
Cruising

Also I do not have any service lights or anything abnormal displayed in the DIC..
Old 11-30-2012, 03:18 PM
JasonS5555
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure that the battery change wouldn't affect the way the TC button functioned. It sounds like you potentially have a failure. Do you have any way to read error codes?

Jason
Old 11-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Cory1745
Cruising

I have a actron OBD ll scanner but it says no codes. after researching through google I finally come across a forum that says if any of your tps sensors aren't reading or it says to service your tps system that it wont allow you to select any mode other than traction on/off due to something with the active handling system. With that being said my left front tire is reading 0psi through my DIC & it has 35psi in it. It was reading fine before I changed the battery because I have a slow leak in my back left tire (have some new tires ordered) so I constantly check it from habit. So once I get my tps sensor reading I will know if that is the problem or not. Thanks for the reply
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 518 Likes on 357 Posts

Default Just Drop the tire pressure to 20 PSI

Originally Posted by Cory1745
I have a actron OBD ll scanner but it says no codes. after researching through google I finally come across a forum that says if any of your tps sensors aren't reading or it says to service your tps system that it wont allow you to select any mode other than traction on/off due to something with the active handling system. With that being said my left front tire is reading 0psi through my DIC & it has 35psi in it. It was reading fine before I changed the battery because I have a slow leak in my back left tire (have some new tires ordered) so I constantly check it from habit. So once I get my tps sensor reading I will know if that is the problem or not. Thanks for the reply
After changing the battery I found that dropping the tire pressure to about 20PSI or until the unit starts reading on the DIC again should work. Then re-fill to proper pressure. I had the same symptom no driver modes.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:05 PM
Cory1745
Cruising

Originally Posted by cagotzmann
After changing the battery I found that dropping the tire pressure to about 20PSI or until the unit starts reading on the DIC again should work. Then re-fill to proper pressure. I had the same symptom no driver modes.
I will try that, I have Nitrogen in my tires so I will run by a tire shop tomorrow & give it a shot.. Thanks for the reply
Old 11-30-2012, 06:33 PM
haljensen
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

If you have the original Tire Presure Sensors they are getting old, projected battery life was 10 years but who knows when the batteries were manufactured. Might be time for new TPS.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Cory1745
Cruising

Just to update anyone incase they ever run in to this issue, once my tps sensor started reading again I regained control to my driving modes. Everything back to normal. Thanks for the replies
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Cory1745
Just to update anyone incase they ever run in to this issue, once my tps sensor started reading again I regained control to my driving modes. Everything back to normal. Thanks for the replies
My left front battery went out after 5 years as well with the same symptoms.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 not changing between driving modes anymore

Quick Reply: C6 not changing between driving modes anymore