C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Stop Brakes vs. Brake Performance Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 03:57 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Power Stop Brakes vs. Brake Performance Brakes

I have a 2008 base model Corvette. I am getting some rust/dust from my rotors and I am planning on upgrading soon. I would appreciate if anyone out there has upgraded rotors on base model C6's could give me some feedback. I want to get Cross-Drilled and Slotted rotors. I have a couple brands in mind (Power Stop K1444/K1446 Front Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotors OR Brake Performance Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors) If anyone has any other brands that they would suggestion I am open to suggestions. I would appreciate any advice on picking out a kit. Thanks,
-Patrick
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 AM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoneychris
I have a 2008 base model Corvette. I am getting some rust/dust from my rotors and I am planning on upgrading soon. I would appreciate if anyone out there has upgraded rotors on base model C6's could give me some feedback. I want to get Cross-Drilled and Slotted rotors. I have a couple brands in mind (Power Stop K1444/K1446 Front Ceramic Brake Pad and Cross Drilled/Slotted Combo Rotors OR Brake Performance Cross-Drilled and Slotted Rotors) If anyone has any other brands that they would suggestion I am open to suggestions. I would appreciate any advice on picking out a kit. Thanks,
-Patrick
Did you ever get any feedback on these? What did you decide to go with? I'm looking at the Power Stop kits for my 94...
Old 01-22-2013, 01:09 PM
dmoneychris
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Default No feedback...

Originally Posted by mxw128
Did you ever get any feedback on these? What did you decide to go with? I'm looking at the Power Stop kits for my 94...
W/out any feedback one way or the other I guess I will do more research on my own. I am leaning towards 'Brake Performance's Cross-drilled rotors kit for 2008 Corvette (http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...ake-Rotors.php)
Old 01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
jon6.0
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

DBA rotors are good stuff as well. If you take your car to a road course I would just run slotted or dimpled. Rotors that are drilled can crack between the drilled portions when they get really hot.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by dmoneychris
W/out any feedback one way or the other I guess I will do more research on my own. I am leaning towards 'Brake Performance's Cross-drilled rotors kit for 2008 Corvette (http://brakeperformance.com/brake-ro...ake-Rotors.php)
My current OEM rotors are warped REALLY bad so I ordered the Power Stops today. I had them on a previous vehicle (not a corvette) and they seemed to do ok. I don't so any track work with this car and for the price I couldn't complain, I paid right around $270 for the kit with all four rotors and pads... I'll let you know how they work out after I get em installed, bedded and ahd a chance to run them a bit.

Get notified of new replies

To Power Stop Brakes vs. Brake Performance Brakes

Quick Reply: Power Stop Brakes vs. Brake Performance Brakes