C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard to get out park

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 PM
wellsair
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard to get out park

I have 05 I just bought, leaving work could not get out of park for several minutes. Looked on forum c5 said to disconnect shift solenoid, would that work for the c6 and how do get the solenoid.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

In most cases when this happens a new shifter is in order. There are tons of threads about it. Search "stuck in park". One way around it is put car in accessory mode. You should then be able to shift to neutral and start the car.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Justasheet
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wellsair
I have 05 I just bought, leaving work could not get out of park for several minutes. Looked on forum c5 said to disconnect shift solenoid, would that work for the c6 and how do get the solenoid.
The solenoid is part of the shifter and not sold separately. You can pull the console to expose the shifter and break off the black hook that is the lock. The problem is the solenoid/actuator pin doesn't move forward to release this black hook.
Jeff
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...ght=stuck+park
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM
wellsair
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information, I tried the acc mode and that worked so I feel better about not getting stuck. I pushed the shifter forward and that also worked, I can hear the soleniod operating. May pull console if it gets worse.

Get notified of new replies

To Hard to get out park

Quick Reply: Hard to get out park