C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question @ LS7 manifolds/cats install on a dry-sump LS3

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Question @ LS7 manifolds/cats install on a dry-sump LS3

Gents, going to install stock LS7 manifolds, cats, & h-pipe on my '12 GS LS3 dry-sump, & have a few questions;

Can the stock LS3 manifolds be removed, & LS7 manifolds installed, without disconnecting the dry-sump lines? If not, should I disconnect them at the dry-sump, or at the oil pan?

Lastly, these used LS7 mani's have never been disconnected from the cat'd downpipe & I'd prefer not to dissasemble them, buy new bolts, etc. Can they be installed as one unit, or do they need to be separated first?

The car will be on 4 jackstands, maybe 16" off the ground, not on a lift.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:32 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

One question. Why?All that to gain 20 h.p?Just tune it and add a cold air intake its a lot simpler.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 AM
bud miller
Melting Slicks

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

you'll gain more hp /tq with those manifolds over the stock ls3's..its not that much work...but from what i went thru...its a tight squeeze to fit..you will have to separate um..
Old 12-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Ttt
Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 PM
chimazo
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm guessing here, but since I removed my exhaust manifolds and cats as one unit on my GS while it was on jackstands, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to install the LS7 versions in the same manner.

As for disconnecting the sump lines, unless you don't feel like changing your oil (I suppose you could pour it right back in when you're done) it might make it easier, but I'm pretty sure you don't need to. If you DO decide to, it's not a big deal or difficult at all, but disconnect the lines at the oil pan. Even after draining the oil, some will come out of the lines, so be prepared. See pic below for a better idea on clearance. The one bolt holding up the lines will need to come out.

Get notified of new replies

To Question @ LS7 manifolds/cats install on a dry-sump LS3

Quick Reply: Question @ LS7 manifolds/cats install on a dry-sump LS3