C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM band not showing up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 02:53 PM
sakins.02vert
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default XM band not showing up?

I have a 2006 coupe. I cannot get the XM1 and XM2 band on my stock radio. Everything in car is stock.

I tried pulling negative cable off battery. I pulled out the XM receiver and disconnected it then plugged back in.

Any ideas why I don't get the XM bands?

Is there a fuse i should be checking? Other than XM the radio works fine with CD, FM and AM.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Check in here, might be something for you:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...sappeared.html
Old 12-29-2012, 01:15 PM
cmosbum
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's unfortunate, but you'll need to reset the receiver located above tne rear driver's wheel well, unplug the unit, and turn the ignition on to start resetting the system. Then turn off the ignition/accessory and plug the cables back in. Once it' s all reconnected, you can again turn on power and the system will relocate the xm unit on the bus. I have to occasionally do this reset process with my PAL adapter for my iPod and don't know why your sustem lost your unit.

There are instructions for locating and unplugging the xm in the abck, above the rear driver's wheel. It basically amounts to pulling off the retainer for the top holder, pulling back the carpeting and reaching in to pull out the xm while it's stillplugged in to bot power and entertainment bus.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:42 PM
sakins.02vert
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I'll give this a try. thanks.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:23 PM
sakins.02vert
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I pulled out the XM receiver, unplugged, started car. Then turned off ignition, plugged XM back in and started again. No difference. Still not getting XM1 or XM2 bands. Other thoughts?
Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Received 519 Likes on 357 Posts

Default XM missing

Originally Posted by sakins.02vert
I pulled out the XM receiver, unplugged, started car. Then turned off ignition, plugged XM back in and started again. No difference. Still not getting XM1 or XM2 bands. Other thoughts?
This for me is an easy fix. I fould the XM options can be enabled or disabled in the PAL unit. When my battery went dead and GM dealership replaced the battery I lost the XM bands. My PAL unit would be clicking ( unit in the foot well passanger side ) Dealship claimed bad PAL unit. No warrenty due to dealship install and not a factory install. Their solution just unplug the PAL unit. Of course I did not believe the PAL was bad. Reconnected and nothing, just clicking noise. So I connected my scantool to check for codes. Codes read as class2 communication failure. My scantool had 2 options to enable the NAV Radio and XM Radio. Enabled both and once again all is working. I am not sure if their is a way to enable the PAL settings other than using a scantool that can send commands to the PAL to re-program.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM
sakins.02vert
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

interesting. I know my battery was changed by the previous owner so maybe this is when the XM bands stopped showing.

So this "PAL" is a stock item my vette should have? What scantool do you use?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 AM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by sakins.02vert
interesting. I know my battery was changed by the previous owner so maybe this is when the XM bands stopped showing.

So this "PAL" is a stock item my vette should have? What scantool do you use?

Thanks
My 2010 GS had the GM PAL unit installed. I used the autoenginuity scantool with the GM enhancement. The PAL (Personel Audio Link) allows you to connect ITOUCH IPOD devices plus XM Radio. This unit is located in my 2010 GS just left of the fuse panel under the passenger side dash. Most would have the PAL unit installed by the dealer and not at the factory. So it may not be a stock item, but I believe most that have a Navigation radio with XM should also have the GM PAL unit.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 PM
LMDNC5
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15,'19

I removed my PAL and everything works now
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM
AQWIKZ
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

where is the PAL unit
Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 PM
cagotzmann
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MIKESREDZ
where is the PAL unit
This unit is located in my 2010 GS just left of the fuse panel under the passenger side foot well under the dash.

looks like this

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...te-owners.html
Old 05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
edpaha
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Fix

I have had this problem a couple of times over the past 2 years. I thought it might be system voltage. I tried a couple of connects and disconnects at the battery and the XM receiver. When I replaced the car battery this year, the XM1/XM2 option came back. But it went away again. This morning, I disconnected the battery and dual antenna head connection on the XM receiver. Reconnected battery but not antenna (I don't subscribe to XM) XM1/XM2 option came back. Hopefully this is the fix.

Get notified of new replies

To XM band not showing up?

Quick Reply: XM band not showing up?