C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM of NC Cam/Heads result on LS2 Vette

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Alvin@PCMofNC
Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default PCM of NC Cam/Heads result on LS2 Vette

Hey all, we're new to sponsoring and I just wanted to take a moment to share this build we wrapped up a couple of months ago. Everyone likes dyno results and cold hard facts, right?

This is an 05 LS2 vette, used primarily as a road race car. Low and mid range power was very important to him for this reason, so we set out to design a package that would perform well across the board. The car came in totally stock, making 358 rwhp. We didn't waste any time tearing down,

We pulled the heads and sent them to Advanced Induction, who lucky for us, is local. Phil worked his magic as he always does,

We paired it with a custom cam spec'd by ourselves. We use COMP cams for our grinds, great reputation, never had any issues arise with them. While we were installing the heads and cam, we also installed a set of Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers with cats, and a vararam cold air intake. He decided to leave the catback stock, for now!

The car made fantastic power, picking up 113hp and 47 ft/lbs torque when all was said and done. The driveability was fantastic as well. Very powerful on the low and mid range, and really opening up on the top end. No bucking or surging or bad manners, she drove like a dream. Our local Corvette Track Guru, David Farmer, also took the car for a spin and said it felt awesome...a huge compliment for us coming from him!

Here's a video of it idling (stock catback, keep in mind)

And of course a dyno pull!

We have had really great success lately with our custom builds, we can suit just about any request you may have - whether you are a road racer like this fellow, or prefer the drag strip...or just cruising!

- Kelly

See what's in our shop on Facebook! Customer Build Blogs!
www.pcmofnc.com
Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227

Last edited by Alvin@PCMofNC; 01-16-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:05 AM
pcs94lt1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was the stock intake used with this setup? I didn't see any mention of a FAST? Nice gains, AI and PCMofNC FTW!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 AM
narfdanarf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah a FAST and some Z06 mufflers would probably pick up a lot on this car...hard for me to remember but I think I picked up around 7 hp with just the z06 mufflers on my cam only car and 29hp/25tq with the Fast
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

a fast intake would be a great next mod for this car...i gained a bunch with my ported fast 102 and didnt touch the heads...good #'s.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM
nullpointer
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

Great results! I have a set of AI heads and love them. Just wondering what causes that dip in tq early in the pull? Can't see the rpms so not much to guess with lol could just be powerband of the cam? Specs on cam?

Last edited by nullpointer; 01-18-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

OP: Nice write up and pics, glad to see another forum sponsor on here. Also, ask your customer to take a look at adding a FAST intake, here is a thread that I made to compare the OEM to the FAST - http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...st-intake.html
Old 01-19-2013, 10:09 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have an 05 (A4) with a CAI, and tune by Cartek. it ran a BEST of 11.98 @ 114 mph..

I was having problems w/the trans, and while it was out being rebuilt I had the OEM Stock intake ported by them, to my surprise my best ET since its been ported is 11.73 @ 117 mph... some of that increase may be due to the trans being rebuilt with Hi- PO parts (Kevlar clutch packs) and a re-tune..

I wont be able to test it until March when E Town opens again, but I also am having the throttle body ported before I return to the track..

I'm looking to run 11.50 (DEEP STAGED) so I might need a cam or some other mods.. I already have KOOKS HEADERS and X pipe on the car, but have the factory stock mufflers, as I CAN'T STAND DRONE! & I don't think I'm losing THAT much HP by staying with the stock mufflers..

Oh BTW I made 393 to the rear wheels on a dyno at the shop...To the OP has that car ever been on a 1/4 mile track ? ET ?? or MPH ?

Last edited by jpee; 01-19-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Those are some pretty stout numbers

Get notified of new replies

To PCM of NC Cam/Heads result on LS2 Vette

Quick Reply: PCM of NC Cam/Heads result on LS2 Vette