C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2lt to 3lt seat question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM
jonathontodd
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2lt to 3lt seat question.

If i change the padding from a 2lt seat to 3lt heated...is the heat wiring plug and play? Obviously need to buy the heat controls for the center console. I have searched the forum, haven't seen any post going from 2lt to 3lt heated.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathontodd
If i change the padding from a 2lt seat to 3lt heated...is the heat wiring plug and play? Obviously need to buy the heat controls for the center console. I have searched the forum, haven't seen any post going from 2lt to 3lt heated.
there might be some useful info here, not exactly what you need, but usefull anyway..
http://www.kawal.net/power%20seats.htm
Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 AM
jonathontodd
Racer

Thanks Dave, read that one already...helped a bit.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

If you don't currently have heated seats, I think it's going to be a little difficult to add it.

In Ray Kawal's great seat swap DIY info that Dave has the link to in his post, scroll down to the first schematic and you can see that the wiring from the "HTD SEAT" fuse for both the driver and passenger seats goes down to several things, one of which is the "Heated Seat Module" for both seats.

In the page from the Service Manual below that schematic it shows the pin #'s and wire colors for a bunch of stuff, including A8, A9, B1, B2, B6, and B7.

The switches on the center console don't actually turn the seat heaters on/off, they simply send a signal to the seat heater modules that will do the turning on/off of the seat heaters.

With the switches, you can select high or low heat. When you select high a red light illuminates on the switch, and when you select low the yellow light illuminates.

The signal is sent to the seat heat module in the bottom of the seat, and the module then turns the seat heater on and off to maintain either the high or low level of heat, depending on which was selected with the switch.

So.....if you want to add seat heaters, you'll not only have to mount the switches in the center console, but you'll need to mount the seat heat modules under each seat.

Whether any programming with a Tech 2 is required to get the car to recognize that it now has heated seats, I dunno!!

Good luck, and if you do the mod take pictures and document the procedure for anybody that wants to do it in the future!!

Bob
Old 01-28-2013, 02:50 PM
jonathontodd
Racer

Thanks for the info Bob....much appreciated
Old 01-28-2013, 02:55 PM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

I just noticed there's a related thread going on in the C6 Gen section - check it out:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ted-seats.html

Bob

Get notified of new replies

To 2lt to 3lt seat question.

Quick Reply: 2lt to 3lt seat question.