C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much power does it take to beat a Z06

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 04:20 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
You gotta ask yourself, when talking to one of those Z06 guys with bolt-ons, internals, or power adders and running 11's, how they feel when they see 9 other Z06's with just tires and 25 modded C6's that are running 10's.

I suspect for the most part, they didn't have the favorable track and DA conditions, but that still doesn't make them feel much better.

The Z06 came from the factory as a nearly ready to race car, especially for road tracks. The C6 can keep up, but needs a bunch of mods. It's all what you start with and end up with that makes a difference. Hopefully we all have fun doing it.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Shoaf85
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Vade46
Do you have a timeslip for that run? What mods are you running? I don't see this time posted on the fast list.
I posted the slip in the drag racing thread with video and all, however I was told that there is no way my car ran those times with said mods so it wasn't recorded as a record! I had in car and stands video plus time slip and also backed it up. I now have twin turbos on the same exact STOCK ls2 from oil pan to stock int. mani and have the fastest manual ls2 for now! Look at shoaf85 on YouTube for all my vids

Mods at the time of pass were as follows: rps twin clutch, tick adj master, kooks 1-7/8 catted headers, vararam intake, loudmouth exhaust and 3.90 gear with slicks and skinnies and most importantly DRIVER MOD

Last edited by Shoaf85; 02-13-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: how much power does it take to beat a Z06