C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Z06 issue - battery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 11:12 PM
mike85mph
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 08 Z06 issue - battery?

This has happened twice now... pushed in clutch and started car. Took the e-brake off, but brake light stayed on. Message came on saying service the anti-lock brakes. Brakes worked fine, but I have not in either case hammered the brakes hard enough to detect if the anti-lock feature was working. Turned the engine off at the next stop, started back up, and the light had been re-set and did not come on, and now no message saying anything is wrong. Finally, just yesterday, a third issue occurred... this time as I drove into a parking lot, the "check engine" light came on. Turned off the engine, went about my business, and when I got back, started it up, and the "check engine" light was still on, but about 100 yards down the road it went out and it did not come back on. Drove it one more time and there was no issue of any kind on that trip. Now I've heard the electronics systems start doing strange things like this when the battery is going bad and voltage is a little low, so I will start there. Anyone have something similar? Other possible answers to the problem?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 AM
midnightbluS10
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it and have it checked for stored trouble codes.

Use said codes to strategize a plan for diagnosis.

Implement plan for diagnosis.

or come back to cf.com with trouble codes and we can help you figure out your next step from there.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Get the battery load tested. Weird electronic messages can be activated by failing batteries. If the battery is good, get the trouble codes read. Autozone or your similar local parts store should be able to do both for you. If the 08 battery is the original you are reaching its end of life soon anyway.

Get notified of new replies

To 08 Z06 issue - battery?

Quick Reply: 08 Z06 issue - battery?