C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod / iphone connection help for 2005 vette with stock navigation unit

Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM
jarllewis
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ipod / iphone connection help for 2005 vette with stock navigation unit

Hello all, I just bought a 2005 with stock navigation. It has XM but it doesn't have an ipod hookup. I'm looking for suggestions on the best ways to integrate my ipod/iphone. It doesn't have to display through my navigation unit the songs and info, although that would be nice. I would prefer it to play my apps so I can use my radio app on my iphone to stream any radio station in the country into my car audio. I know Double D mods has this: C6 CORVETTE ISimple ISGM575 05-13 Ipod/Iphone install kit for 124.99 but then paying someone to install it I'm likely looking at $200+. Plus, I don't know if for $200+ I can play my iphone radio app. If I can, that may be worth it. Is there a simpler and easier way to integrate my ipod/iphone?

Any suggestions and advice are appreciated. If it's considerably cheaper, it doesn't have to display on my navigation, but like I said, it would be nice.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,045 Likes on 1,358 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

GM makes the PAL (Personal Audio Link) that allows you to plug an ipod, and i think an iphone, into the car and control the music through the nav radio. We have one in our 2009 and it is very nice.

The GM installation procedure is a major PITA, but CF member "kawal" sells an inexpensive cable that allows you to plug the PAL into the circuit that comes from the XM module. Works well and much easier to install.

You can Search for his threads here and contact him with your questions, he knows all about what works and what doesn't; he's also very helpful to people.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM
jarllewis
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jim, I've recently looked into Ray Kawal and I was now planning on going that route. He's out of stock on the PAL2 for the XM hookup, but if I can find an original PAL he should be able to convert it to a PAL2 for me. Now I just have to find an original PAL. I found one on partstaxi.com for $162 shipped, is that a good price?

Get notified of new replies

To ipod / iphone connection help for 2005 vette with stock navigation unit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ipod / iphone connection help for 2005 vette with stock navigation unit