C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Try-Y Headers now available for all C6 models!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Tri-Y Headers now available for all C6 models!

As busy as we have been with the ls3/ls7/ls9 production and shipping of our headers, we're proud to say it didn't slow us down and we now are offering the Pfadt Tri-Y header system for all C6's!

It's the same exact pulse tuned Tri-Y design that's been killing it with the ls3/ls7/ls9 guys, in fact its the same exact header..... what we had to get ironed out were the subtle differences in the mid pipes so that everyone could play. Proud to say its all done! Let us know what you think

Now for those who haven't seen, here is the level of craftsmanship you can expect from the production line......

Here is the the fit & Finish, ......

But lets talk about something important! we've been getting awesome feedback about the power gains from the initial production run. Check these out!

So, if you want a fat torque curve down low, and don't want to give up peak HP numbers ( If you want to actually "feel" the difference of upgrading your headers) , then the Tri-Y system is going to be a great fit for you. This system was the result of a ton of R&D from our engineering staff. With the limited space available in the Vettes, they were able to get an perfectly tuned exhaust pulse (using a Tri-Y!) and still have it tuck up perfectly in the engine bay.

Seriously though, the Tri-Y header is an awesome design. It has been overlooked for our vettes for years now, but if you've been keeping up on things you've seen that GM is now going to be using Tri-Y technology in their new LS7 motors. There is no question as to why they have pushed in that direction, its simply produces great results.

Well guys, there you have it. After lots of research and hard work, All C6's are now able to run the Pfadt Tri-y headers

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 05-06-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Driver_WT
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Are you saying a stock LS3 gains 61 hp just with the addition of Pfadt tri-y headers?

I am picking up my new Pfadt tri-y headers tomorrow so I hope that is right !!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Exesivefire
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... Do want
Old 04-27-2013, 03:38 PM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Driver_WT
Are you saying a stock LS3 gains 61 hp just with the addition of Pfadt tri-y headers?

Looking at the power it looks like a cammed LS3 that was running stock manifolds and then added headers. I wouldn't expect anywhere near those gains.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:53 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Driver_WT

The first dyno is for a cammed LS3(the baseline rwhp is 438). The tuning of the headers was such that they will really wake up the car with the use of an aftermarket camshaft. However, that doesn't mean an aftermarket camshaft is needed. Take a look at the second dyno,for the stock ls3,the gains were +43hp +47tq at the wheels. Our engineers intentionally didn't tune the header out of the power gain range for a completely stock set-up. We've been pushing really hard lately as a company to engineer products that are accessible to a wider audience. For example, our new generation of coilovers, with the amount of R&D and actual track testing that went into tuning them, are among some of the best in the world for our C6's but priced at level where just about anyone can go out and have the absolute best handling the corvette can offer.

But at the end of the day.....it wouldn't surprise me if a few months down the road after adding headers you starting thinking about a cam....I've seen some HUGE numbers showing up from a CAI+CAM+Pfadt Try-Y headers. Shoot me a PM and I can give you some more info

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 04-27-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Freak3150
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
Take a look at the second dyno,for the stock ls3,the gains were +43hp +47tq at the wheels.
Is that with or without a tune? If it's with, do you have any comparisons of gains with out tuning?
Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 AM
SK360
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 146 Posts

Awesome. Looking at buying a set this upcoming winter and didnt want to go through converting to 09 exhaust setup!
Old 04-28-2013, 02:47 PM
Matt @ FSP
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Awesome guys!!! We have sent out 4 sets of these new 05-08 mid-pipe C6 styles.. More orders coming in!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

these just might be the header to go 9s with & get me to the 500rwhp mark with an auto NA stock CI and LS2 heads
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP
Awesome guys!!! We have sent out 4 sets of these new 05-08 mid-pipe C6 styles.. More orders coming in!
Thanks Matt! Keep us in the loop as you receive more feedback from your guys, we love seeing and hearing the results of different types of builds. Still wanting to hear back from more FI guys!

Originally Posted by dennis50nj
these just might be the header to go 9s with & get me to the 500rwhp mark with an auto NA stock CI and LS2 heads
I can't wait to see what you can do, we all know that car can move!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 AM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

These will be our first mod on our AIR RAM PERFORMANCE GS. These Tri-Ys and the Featherweight Coil overs soon after... then back to the track. We cant wait to feel the difference. The quality of all PFADT products are second to none.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by AIR_RAM
These will be our first mod on our AIR RAM PERFORMANCE GS. These Tri-Ys and the Featherweight Coil overs soon after... then back to the track. We cant wait to feel the difference. The quality of all PFADT products are second to none.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
Can we expect a build thread?
Old 05-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Z06-TT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pfadt Racing
[/url]
^^^^^ 5 bolt exhaust flange???? LT1
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM
AIR_RAM
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

Of course!!!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Get notified of new replies

To Try-Y Headers now available for all C6 models!

Quick Reply: Try-Y Headers now available for all C6 models!