C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger window isn't going all the way up

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM
ggrif
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger window isn't going all the way up

I have read the manual and on here about indexing windows. About a week ago, I noticed when my wife shut the passenger door, the window would quickly go up/down about the distance it usually does when the door is opened, but about 4 times.
Went home and re indexed the windows, and thought I had it fixed. So today, it started the up/down thing when the car starts. Does it about five times, then stops. Went for a drive, got home, and thought I would unhook the battery, let it sit for 30 minutes, hook the battery up, and re index the windows.
Now the window will go all the way up, but goes back down by itself, while I have the switch held up?! And now am noticing that I can't always get the passenger door open from the outside.
Window will not go all the way up. Stays about where it is when the window goes down to open the door. And now there is a thumping noise like the window is trying to move on its own, in the door without any switches being moved?
Any Ideas? Door control Module.
Has a new optima battery, about 2 months ago. Is on a ctek 3300 maintainer that I took it off of this morning. Liter was green. Problem did not start after the battery install.
Thanks
Old 04-27-2013, 01:51 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...up+window+down

Check that out.

Elmer
Old 04-27-2013, 02:16 PM
ggrif
Advanced

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
That is exactly what mine is doing . Thank you for the reply.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:08 PM
ggrif
Advanced

So . I took of the door handle (switch?). Very easy. Thought I might just clean it and see of it would work. When I opened the switch it looked brand new. Sprayed some electrical cleaner in there any way.... put it back together. No luck. still doing the same thing. I am going to order 2 switches on monday.
Wont be hard to replace though.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 AM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 67 Posts

this happened to me and i replaced the two outside door pads and this fixed the problem. i also tried to clean it with a scuff pad but if you notice the switch is made up of bent pieces of copper and if they get old they will probably just not be touching the same way that they were when they are new. This will fix your problem I gaurantee it
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 PM
ggrif
Advanced

Originally Posted by black.z51.c6
this happened to me and i replaced the two outside door pads and this fixed the problem. i also tried to clean it with a scuff pad but if you notice the switch is made up of bent pieces of copper and if they get old they will probably just not be touching the same way that they were when they are new. This will fix your problem I gaurantee it
Thanks. I will order both tomorrow. Nice looking car!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

you too been contemplating black wheels...
Old 05-07-2013, 09:15 PM
ggrif
Advanced

Default And work it DID!

Ordered 2 new door control switches from GM parts house.( At Half the dealer price.) Took less than 5 minutes to install. Re index window. And WOW, it works.
Thank you gentlemen for the help!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:18 PM
black.z51.c6
Drifting

Happy to help and glad it worked out for you. Nothing is more frustrating than an electrical problem.

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger window isn't going all the way up

Quick Reply: Passenger window isn't going all the way up