C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEADERS : 1 3/4 vs. 1 7/8

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
tcccac
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C6_Demon
I'm not going to start a fight. But I have to say this, how much of a flow restriction do you honestly believe could have been caused by that change in piping? Something is wrong in that dyno you showed, I've built a ton of these cars, and most of the time just bought whatever headers I could find used.....meaning I've tried a bunch of different sizes and never noticed much of a difference HP wise.

At the end of the day, we could split hairs, but it is fairly common knowledge that in FI applications, that the addition of headers is often not a critical factor , let alone the size of them. has a fairly small affect on the power the car makes. Jump on the zr1 forum and see what kind of gains they are picking up with headers......
Yeah, but I isn't always about the power is it! To me the sound is the main selling point.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The true answer is...what is best for one person, is not always best for another. For anyone who is considering doing a build and trying to decide what size headers to use, I feel the best thing to do is contact the companies you are considering working with and outlining your build to them. This way, we can determine what is best for you and your application.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After reading through all of the posts...I feel compelled to post this dyno. This was performed by one of the forum vendors.....not by us...and this is a vendor I know you guys all respect when it comes to making power:

This is for a stock application, and take it for what its worth
Old 06-11-2013, 11:03 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by C6_Demon
I'm not going to start a fight. But I have to say this, how much of a flow restriction do you honestly believe could have been caused by that change in piping? Something is wrong in that dyno you showed, I've built a ton of these cars, and most of the time just bought whatever headers I could find used.....meaning I've tried a bunch of different sizes and never noticed much of a difference HP wise.

At the end of the day, we could split hairs, but it is fairly common knowledge that in FI applications, that the addition of headers is often not a critical factor , let alone the size of them. has a fairly small affect on the power the car makes. Jump on the zr1 forum and see what kind of gains they are picking up with headers......
End of the day the dyno has nothing wrong.
Bunch of different sizes??? What sizes are there except for 1 7/8 and 1 3/4. Plus if you think about it 2 1/2 is too small for the x-pipe
Headers is a nice addition to FI cars! Must be because no one adds FI without headers.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 PM
1999WHITEFRC
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles...e_header_test/

Quick Reply: HEADERS : 1 3/4 vs. 1 7/8