C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 Grand Sport wheel specs same as 2012?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
StuSegal
47 yrs of Vettes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2013 Grand Sport wheel specs same as 2012?

I just picked up a 2013 Grand Sport, and want to switch the wheels (I want Competition Gray just like I have on my 06).

But all the Grand Sport take-off wheel listings I see on Ebay specify a certain year thru 2012. Did the wheel specs (width, offset, etc.) change for 2013????

Thanks . . . Stu
Old 05-16-2013, 05:25 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Nothing has changed, with the possible exception of a discontinued color, or the addition of a new one. So go for it, but make sure they're OEM wheels, and not cheap repros. Ask for photos of the OEM markings on the inside. And also make sure wheels weren't damaged when removing the bolts, since many shops are careless. If I were you, I'd just repaint (or powdercoat) yours. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, they're the same sizes for all years of C6 Grand Sport.
the type of tires used might be different of course but the wheels should all be the same size.
They probably list them that way only because they haven't updated their ads/text yet.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Nothing has changed, with the possible exception of a discontinued color, or the addition of a new one. So go for it, but make sure they're OEM wheels, and not cheap repros. Ask for photos of the OEM markings on the inside. And also make sure wheels weren't damaged when removing the bolts, since many shops are careless. If I were you, I'd just repaint (or powdercoat) yours. Good luck.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:35 PM
StuSegal
47 yrs of Vettes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
If I were you, I'd just repaint (or powdercoat) yours. Good luck.
I'll probably get berated for saying, but . . . . the GS I just bought has chrome wheels (so obviously I can't paint them).

I drive my car year round here in the northeast. I park it outside (the garage is filled with motorcycles). After 7 1/2 years my '06 competition gray wheels, which I have never once cleaned except for the few times a year I wash the car, still look great.

I am completely spoiled by them, and don't want to be worrying about or caring for chrome wheels. As soon as I get the car home it'll go to the shop, swap wheels, and I'll put the OEM chrome wheels on Ebay.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:43 PM
Bedouin
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Some months ago I read @ a CF member ordering a replacement comp grey wheel from GM for his '10(?) GS, but what came was a slightly different grey color as the '11-'13's(?) evidently are a different color. I can't personally verify any of this, but that thread was quite conclusive that the GS comp grey color changed during production..& I believe there's a different paint touch-up code for them too.

That being said, you can find a comp grey set used on the forum, but I'd just get them powdercoated instead, then you'll be 100% sure they're straight. Also, my '12 comp grey's have a light metal flake in the grey color & I'd prefer a basic flat grey color. Cgeck your local tire shops & powdercoaters...my local tire shop quoted only $200 to send them out & have them done.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:57 PM
StuSegal
47 yrs of Vettes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bedouin
..& I believe there's a different paint touch-up code for them too.
I took my car to a local body shop, and asked them to mix me some touch up paint for the wheels - they did, and it's a perfect match in terms of both color and metallic content.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:44 PM
JCtx
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by StuSegal
the GS I just bought has chrome wheels (so obviously I can't paint them).
Well, you COULD paint them after stripping them of the chrome first, but it'd be stupid since you can sell those for money than you'll be paying for the competition gray ones . So yes, I'd sell them too with that new revelation . Just make damn sure you buy OEMs.

Another option if you want to keep the chrome wheels is to replace the damn brake pads, which most of us GS owners do regardless of wheel choice. Good luck man.

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 Grand Sport wheel specs same as 2012?

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Sport wheel specs same as 2012?