C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service tire pressure monitor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

Default service tire pressure monitor?

driving yesterday got "service tire pressure monitor " on dic....reads xxx for pressure. does this mean I need a new battery or sensor is bad? how do I reprogram?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by C U IN REARVEIW
driving yesterday got "service tire pressure monitor " on dic....reads xxx for pressure. does this mean I need a new battery or sensor is bad? how do I reprogram?
More than likely you will need a new sensor. The batteries aren't replaceable. If your sensors have been in the tires for a long time they may be corroded and not worth saving even if you could replace the battery.

I haven't had much luck using Dorman sensors purchased from auto parts stores as they keep failing.

Bob at House of Wheels in Florida has GM sensors for about the same price shipped to your house and they are much better.

Bill
Old 06-17-2013, 01:28 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

thanks
Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
More than likely you will need a new sensor. The batteries aren't replaceable. If your sensors have been in the tires for a long time they may be corroded and not worth saving even if you could replace the battery.

I haven't had much luck using Dorman sensors purchased from auto parts stores as they keep failing.

Bob at House of Wheels in Florida has GM sensors for about the same price shipped to your house and they are much better.

Bill
My 2 year old ZR1 just suffered this problem:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...vice-tpms.html

Both left hand tires went to XX so it wouldn't appear to be a bad wheel sensor since there are no reasonable odds that two sensors would go belly up exactly at the same time. I disconnected the car battery for 15 minutes this evening and I will see if that BCM reboot resolves this glitch for tomorrow's commute to the office.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Drove the 25 mile commute to work this morning which includes about 20 miles of high speed freeway driving. No DIC warnings or flashing Low Inflation Tire Icons after disconnecting the battery last evening. I toggled over the DIC to the TPMS readings about a 1/4 mile from the house and monitored the TPMS the entire trip. Got good normal readings on all four tires right away. Half way to work I did spot what I thought was abnormal. The LR tire reading went from 29 psi to 27 psi for several miles and then eventually increased by several psi slowly in 1 psi increments.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

I will give that a try before I break down the tire....thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To service tire pressure monitor?

Quick Reply: service tire pressure monitor?