C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vararam intake question

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 08:28 PM
i4tov6tov8
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vararam intake question

for those who have/had the vararam snake charmer intake you know the air inlet sits pretty low to the ground. have you ever had any serious water issues (beyond getting the MAF sensor or filter a little wet) that caused serious damage?

Heres a thought, and by all means give me your input on it. Cut a hole on the backside of the intake before the filter. That way if the entire inlet portion is submerged in water air could still be drawn from that cut out hole and *SHOULDNT* be sucked entirely through the filter and into the engine. Input?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Vararam on my 05...and it sounds like a good idea "BUT" I think it would cut down on the amount of air being forced into the throttlebody...
Thus defeating the original purpose of the "Forced Air Intake" I just make sure I "NEVER" go through any standing water...I have driven through a heavy rain storm with no problims...
Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 AM
irok
Safety Car

Received 500 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by i4tov6tov8
for those who have/had the vararam snake charmer intake you know the air inlet sits pretty low to the ground. have you ever had any serious water issues (beyond getting the MAF sensor or filter a little wet) that caused serious damage?

Heres a thought, and by all means give me your input on it. Cut a hole on the backside of the intake before the filter. That way if the entire inlet portion is submerged in water air could still be drawn from that cut out hole and *SHOULDNT* be sucked entirely through the filter and into the engine. Input?
have never had the MAF or filter get wet in any amount of rain.works fine just the way it comes.do not go off roading with it or try fording any creeks or rivers.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:20 PM
dennis50nj
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by i4tov6tov8

i have said this many times, with all the people complaining it doesn't seal, and hydroloc problems, then thats great. if it doesn't seal. ever drink a soda with a hole in the straw
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 PM
i4tov6tov8
Instructor

thanks everyone!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:15 PM
All2Easy
Racer

The opening sits pretty low, but unless you drive during a flood or through a stream of water, you will be good to go.

Get notified of new replies

To vararam intake question

Quick Reply: vararam intake question