C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk and door keyless entry problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 PM
CLane
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk and door keyless entry problem

I've had my c6 for 4 years. All of a sudden the doors and trunk won't open by pressing the pads on car doors and trunk. The red light doesn't even come on. I brought it to the dealer and they kept it for 3 days and of course it doesn't do it there. I get home and start having problem again. Even when I used the FOB the doors wouldn't unlock, the headlights didn't even flash. It starts fine though. Any ideas?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Let me give you the simple stuff first. Does it do this with both Fobs? Did you change the batteries in the Fob? Do you have the Fob in your pocket with a cell phone which can interfere with the fobs?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
CLane
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Flame Red
Let me give you the simple stuff first. Does it do this with both Fobs? Did you change the batteries in the Fob? Do you have the Fob in your pocket with a cell phone which can interfere with the fobs?
No, I haven't changed batteries. One FOB had never been used in 4 yrs. Yes, it was in my purse along with cell phone, but I have always done this. It does work sometimes though.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by CLane
No, I haven't changed batteries. One FOB had never been used in 4 yrs. Yes, it was in my purse along with cell phone, but I have always done this. It does work sometimes though.
I think that a marginal FOB battery sounds like a good possibility. I am kind of suprised the Stealership did not change it. For a couple $ you can replace it. Here is how:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ement-diy.html
Old 07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
John Harry
Melting Slicks

Received 437 Likes on 270 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14

I agree - sounds like weak fob battery. The one in my spare fob died after less than two years, despite never being used.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 PM
CLane
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by John Harry
I agree - sounds like weak fob battery. The one in my spare fob died after less than two years, despite never being used.
Even if I don't have a problem starting the car? Thanks for the info. I'll try the batteries.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:06 PM
SUB VETTE
SUBVETTE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts

Keep it away from your cell phone after you change the battery. Many have reported cell phone interference with the fob signal.

Get notified of new replies

To Trunk and door keyless entry problem

Quick Reply: Trunk and door keyless entry problem