C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Differential Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 AM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Default Differential Cooler

Anybody know where I might find Z-06 differential parts to add differential cooling to an A-6 differential?
Old 08-23-2013, 06:44 PM
timd38
Race Director

Received 181 Likes on 162 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Not that easy. The cases are different. You need a European Z51 right side cover, the gears have to be cut to drive the pump, then you need the back cover with the pump in it and the cooler lines need to be from a European spec car.

Trust me, it is a big project. I ended up building a whole diff.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...f-install.html

UPDATE: Looks like you have a GS, not sure what diff is in the GS auto trans cars.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:16 AM
mikeCsix
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks so much for posting timd38! I saw your setup in another thread but no details. I also like how compact it is, there is so little room in these cars. Another option so far seems to be a DRM cooler but you lose one of the rear brake cooling ducts when installing all of the components and the pump is reportedly noisy. I've been tempted to buy a Z-06 differential and modifying it for the A-6 but cost is another issue let alone trying find a shop willing to undertake a project like this.

Get notified of new replies

To Differential Cooler

Quick Reply: Differential Cooler