C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:10 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Track Day tire pressure

Hey guys I have an 08 C6 Z51, looks like I'm going to be able to hit the track before this year is over after all...I just bought BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 tires...does anyone know the optimum run hot tire pressure for the track with these tires (stock C6 sizes)...I cant find this info on the BFG site...Ive read that some just run 26psi up front and 28psi for the rear to start with then keep them below 31psi via monitoring after each session of laps...any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Racingswh
Melting Slicks

Received 1,074 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by C6ROLLER
Hey guys I have an 08 C6 Z51, looks like I'm going to be able to hit the track before this year is over after all...I just bought BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 tires...does anyone know the optimum run hot tire pressure for the track with these tires (stock C6 sizes)...I cant find this info on the BFG site...Ive read that some just run 26psi up front and 28psi for the rear to start with then keep them below 31psi via monitoring after each session of laps...any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
If you're talking about a roadcourse track you will see them go to 38-40 psi hot. I would keep them at 38 hot and if I saw the left front (If running clockwise) go to 40 or something I wouldn't even worry about it. Above that is probably too high as the tread crowns in the center of the tire reducing contact patch size and you won't have as much available grip. Bleed them off to 37 - 38 as soon as you come into the pits and you should be fine. They have a max inflation pressure of 50-51 psi and I doubt you will ever get close no matter how hard you drive it unless you started cold pressures in the low 40's for some reason. I have found that until they get crazy high in pressure street tires usually give predictable grip levels even at slightly differing pressures and don't really need to be warmed up like a Hoosier or a slick. Great time to work on car control. Smash and go. Looks like it's made to do well in the Wet and the Dry. Hope you like it, be careful and have fun!!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:02 PM
C6ROLLER
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Racingswh
If you're talking about a roadcourse track you will see them go to 38-40 psi hot. I would keep them at 38 hot and if I saw the left front (If running clockwise) go to 40 or something I wouldn't even worry about it. Above that is probably too high as the tread crowns in the center of the tire reducing contact patch size and you won't have as much available grip. Bleed them off to 37 - 38 as soon as you come into the pits and you should be fine. They have a max inflation pressure of 50-51 psi and I doubt you will ever get close no matter how hard you drive it unless you started cold pressures in the low 40's for some reason. I have found that until they get crazy high in pressure street tires usually give predictable grip levels even at slightly differing pressures and don't really need to be warmed up like a Hoosier or a slick. Great time to work on car control. Smash and go. Looks like it's made to do well in the Wet and the Dry. Hope you like it, be careful and have fun!!
Yes road course track, thanks for the help bro I appreciate your informative post
Old 11-04-2013, 07:53 PM
0philstireservice
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Learn to use a tire pyrometer. That is the correct way to set tire pressure.

Get notified of new replies

To Track Day tire pressure

Quick Reply: Track Day tire pressure